A333 on HKG-CAN! Isn't it insane?!

Old Oct 31, 18, 11:11 am
  #106  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
Originally Posted by blandy62 View Post
Yes the train ride ride was 10 MNS both ways. Great for a weekend gateway out of HK and for quick business meeting. How about you did you try? Seems you don't go out of HK that much from what I can tell
are you serious?
i take proper trips with CX or JL or TG or SQ to go to somewhere that serves safe food and low crime rates. that's why i come to flyertalk to learn about spending and earning frequent flyer miles. not to take an overpriced subway that takes me more time to go compared to the airport.

MTRC advertise a 45 mins checkin time, by then i would be on the flight already.
kaka is offline  
Old Oct 31, 18, 11:22 am
  #107  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 31,146
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
are you serious?
i take proper trips with CX or JL or TG or SQ to go to somewhere that serves safe food and low crime rates. that's why i come to flyertalk to learn about spending and earning frequent flyer miles. not to take an overpriced subway that takes me more time to go compared to the airport.

MTRC advertise a 45 mins checkin time, by then i would be on the flight already.
Don't you have eChannel? If you take the train to Shenzhen, Shenzhen IS your destination. I am going to guess that when you to to HKIA, it IS NOT your destination.
moondog is offline  
Old Oct 31, 18, 11:24 am
  #108  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
is it?
there are fora that discuss XRL i dont give a rat's ... about the train because it is out of scope and i have no interest to go somewhere that serves unsafe food and have no interest in discussing travel options that only get me a few miles thru credit card.
and going to shenzhen isnt that hard. go to lowu or sth and walk over. it doesnt need a 45 min check in either.
kaka is offline  
Old Oct 31, 18, 12:01 pm
  #109  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 31,146
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
is it?
there are fora that discuss XRL i dont give a rat's ... about the train because it is out of scope and i have no interest to go somewhere that serves unsafe food and have no interest in discussing travel options that only get me a few miles thru credit card.
and going to shenzhen isnt that hard. go to lowu or sth and walk over. it doesnt need a 45 min check in either.
With eChannel on both sides, you certainly don't need a 45 minute check-in. You've made it clear that YOU have no interest in Shenzhen, but I happen to like Shekou and Futian quite a bit. It's not especially hard to avoid 地沟油 if your budget is north of 1 USD by the way.

Are you still coming to terms with the fact that HK and SZ are both part of the PRC?
moondog is offline  
Old Oct 31, 18, 1:26 pm
  #110  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
シナ???

how is that gotta do with ka a330?
kaka is offline  
Old Oct 31, 18, 2:01 pm
  #111  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 31,146
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
シナ???

how is that gotta do with ka a330?
Why don't you ask the poster who originally brought up "unsafe food"?
moondog is offline  
Old Oct 31, 18, 3:34 pm
  #112  
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Gold, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 10,030
I think this thread has reached its ultimate end.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator
Nicc HK and cheung.chunyuenc like this.
sxc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: