Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:43 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
On the horizon

Received this fancy brochure in the mail. To me it seemed like a self indulgent puff piece telling us what we already know.

Did anyone else find this quite pointless?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Received this fancy brochure in the mail. To me it seemed like a self indulgent puff piece telling us what we already know.

Didn't spend even a minute to read it. Useless and in the trash already.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Tremendous waste of environmental resources.
hessbo likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:04 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

One of the stated achievements was a stable connection within their app...you would think this is a basic function, not something they should be proud of.

Meanwhile the iPad app can’t even open on my device.
HarbourGent and royng like this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:51 am

The booklet mentions that CX is looking to better reward long-term loyalty. I wonder if that means a lifetime program is coming.

Somewhere it also mentions the number of million mile MPO members. IIRC the number is 17,000, which was higher than I would have guessed.

Last edited by CXYYZ; Sep 23, 2018 at 3:11 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:01 am
Suspended

I wouldnt bank on it. The last million mile mark I went past all I got was stupid email telling me how many times I had been on their planes and how many times I had flown around the world. Very condescending . I have been assured they will not offer any lifetime rewards. Now you have bean counters running a legacy airline we all know where this will end .
fakecd likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by CXYYZ
The booklet mentions that CX is looking to better reward long-term loyalty. I wonder if that means a lifetime program is coming.

Somewhere it also mentions the number of million mike MPO members. IIRC the number is 17,000, which was higher than I would have guessed.
I didn't (or haven't yet) received it, but I really hope CX is considering giving million miler life-time SL or something like that. I'm at 846k now, so relatively close. Although I don't fly as often as many of you here, I've been dedicated to CX since 2001. Before the MPO change in 2016, I had been GO for 8 consecutive years, too.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc

Yes.
My biggest takeaway was them boasting about things that were pointless, though to be honest I can't recall the details now of what was in the mag.
Nicely produced, but I suspect it fell flat with most people who fly them very frequently, as it did with me.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
The importance of marketing communication is not the information itself, but simply the fact you tell something. Only a very small part of your audience is interested, but it places the brand again. Which is the trick. With "promotion" to. I always do hope, not a lot of people make use of the promotion, because that costs money
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by sirflyalot999
I wouldnt bank on it. The last million mile mark I went past all I got was stupid email telling me how many times I had been on their planes and how many times I had flown around the world. Very condescending . I have been assured they will not offer any lifetime rewards. Now you have bean counters running a legacy airline we all know where this will end .
I got that ‘Let’s look back at our journey together’ email earlier this month as well..dunno why since I crossed a million miles more than a year back!

and when they changed the program..the lifetime miles counting all went for a toss anyway, right?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I got it earlier this month, one week after I got my renewed membership pack

The envelop says "P&C" and I was wondering what it is......... Maybe a membership year summary or what.... End up nothing is not public.....

But this is the first thing other than the membership pack I got physically by mail from MPC in the last three or four years....
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:25 am

MPC program booklet

Dear all fellow members,

I reside in HK and couple days ago I received a package from MPC with a letter saying the usual how much they appreciate your business plus a white booklet explaining about the MPC program and tier benefits. I find it kind of strange to get it during this time of year since it's still a few months from the end of my membership year. Plus, I am a Silver member and not a high prospect by all means. Never reached any status above GOLD in my 10+ years of being a member. Unless during membership renewal, I have never received any materials so I am wondering if other members have gotten the same.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Got it, and thought it was a complete waste of money... Don't know what CX marketing and management is thinking.... it could just as easily have been done in a pdf and sent by email...
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
On The Horizon

On The Horizon - 2019 edition

Wife, a Gold, and I, a Diamond got a print Marco Polo magazine in the mail here in SIN today.

Cover letter dated 9th October, signed by Cheuk Lo, Head of Customer Loyalty.

“Honoured to have you as a member...Over the past few months Hong Kong & CX have been facing some of the most challenging times in our recent history, but we believe that our resilience will Ensure that we emerge even stronger.

Based on your feedback and the reception of last year’s magazine we have published a second edition to highlight the changes we’ve made to make yo ur travels more comfortable, convenient and enjoyable”

well- they must’ve missed this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...8-horizon.html

Last edited by sxc; Nov 28, 2019 at 6:02 am
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:03 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Anyone remember The Club magazine? That was something that was actually useful, unlike this annual pamphlet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.