Wiki Posts
Search

New KA catering downgrade in J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
New KA catering downgrade in J

Just traveled on KA 169 CCU-HKG and was told that the ice cream on the J menu is now only offered to those customers who did not book a special meal. I was told this was implemented about a month ago.

The interesting thing here is that the "dessert" offered with the Indian Vegetarian Meal (IVML) (the most popular special meal) is either non existent or garbage.

The IVML option is also available on the menu, but it always runs out - as it did last night. So, now if you want ice cream, you cannot select a special meal. And if you don't select the special meal, chances are you won't get your entree choice.

CX/KA is pathetic.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Did you ask if they have any extra? in the past, I could ask for another cup of ice cream if there are people who didn't eat it. I'm surprised they didn't offer to come back to you once they have finished offering to other passengers.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: Marco Polo
Maybe because there are ungrateful souls out there who recently complained using their "Key Opinion Leader" identity, badmouthing CX/KA for giving out ice cream to a pax (read: himself) who has ordered a diabetic special meal.

(long story short: he was offered ice cream, took it, then took a picture and complained about it.)
Chromie25 and sscywong like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Did you ask if they have any extra? in the past, I could ask for another cup of ice cream if there are people who didn't eat it. I'm surprised they didn't offer to come back to you once they have finished offering to other passengers.
Sorry, but my point is that this was a cheap cost saving measure, saving maybe a few dollars per flight, which will leave a bad taste in my mouth.

KA/CX really need to benchmark themselves against SQ, and they then will see how pathetic they really are.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:15 am

Vote with your wallet, like i have done.

there's always a choice. If CX/KA can still fill planes with inferior product, then why would they do anything different? Just look at BA and their complacency, all fuelled and encouraged by people who kept flying them despite better product out there.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by acdaazn
Maybe because there are ungrateful souls out there who recently complained using their "Key Opinion Leader" identity, badmouthing CX/KA for giving out ice cream to a pax (read: himself) who has ordered a diabetic special meal.

(long story short: he was offered ice cream, took it, then took a picture and complained about it.)
His complain is valid, I thinks
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:39 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by rickywk
His complain is valid, I thinks
Why? The airline is not responsible for him managing his dietary needs.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by sxc

Why? The airline is not responsible for him managing his dietary needs.
Umm..The problem is CX/KA passed the ice-cream in second round of distribution, so the CA may passed the "wrong" item to the pax who ordered special meal.

My 0.05, I thinks its airlines responsibility to make sure the pax receive the correct food items that match pax request.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by rickywk
Umm..The problem is CX/KA passed the ice-cream in second round of distribution, so the CA may passed the "wrong" item to the pax who ordered special meal.

My 0.05, I thinks its airlines responsibility to make sure the pax receive the correct food items that match pax request.
It may be and CX/KA in this case has addressed it by not offering any food items to avoid any problems. I couldn't blame them - the KOL ruined it for all (and he may not even be diabetic in the first place).
FlyPointyEnd and sscywong like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
gents... seriously its just an ice cream.... service downgrade or not, move on with you life... there are far worse things CX "enhanced" on
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
You can search fb KA Secrets #5597 ... There's some more info on this if you can read Cantonese

p.s. I agree that that idiot should simply turn it down if he can't eat it... And it's not preset on his tray... Why would / How could a crew remember who takes a diabetes meal after one full round of services? I classify this as a complaint for the sake of complaint....
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
The interesting thing here is that the "dessert" offered with the Indian Vegetarian Meal (IVML) (the most popular special meal) is either non existent or garbage.
For your reference, the code "IVML" doesn't exist. It may be one of the following:
AVML: Vegetarian Hindu / Indian Vegetarian Meal (for "Asian Vegetarian")
VJML: Vegetarian Jain Meal / Strict Indian Vegetarian (for "Vegetarian Jain")

The "Chinese style" vegetarian meal is:
VOML: Oriental Vegetarian Meal (for "Vegetarian Oriental")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.