Wiki Posts
Search

No more siu mai in lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO
No more siu mai in lounges?

Okay, not the most exciting question, but has anyone seen in any of the Hong Kong Cathay lounges "siu mai" (燒賣)? For my past couple of visits this year, they seem to have disappeared.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:57 pm

Don't belittle your own very valid concern i too very much enjoy siu mai while waiting for planes. See here for some recent exaples though. Appears there's several versions that are currently being served, some better than others.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...sodexo-17.html
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:18 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I would be very very sad if CX removed the siu mai... it's one of the things I enjoy most about CX lounges, along with the wonton noodles... both of which doesn't taste as good now
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:41 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))

Degraded siu mai at Bridge

Sadly some of the siu mei served are worse than convenience store ones
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:39 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by royng

Degraded siu mai at Bridge

Sadly some of the siu mei served are worse than convenience store ones
It feels so disheartening to see that as siu mai...
royng likes this.

Last edited by clubeurope; Jun 28, 2018 at 7:33 am Reason: corrected grammatical error
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope
It feel so disheartening to see that as siu mai...
its just flour.

that said, jal serves some proper siumai.
royng and clubeurope like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:20 am

I generally prefer normal siu mai, but I had some high quality beef siu mai at the wing last week (I'm pretty sure I ate like 11). Kind of tastes like the beef ball dim sum in the form of a siu mai. That being said, the picture of the one at the bridge looks absolutely awful... and the soup for the dam dam min at the wing that day was awful too. Hopefully there's more consistency
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cx4ever
I generally prefer normal siu mai, but I had some high quality beef siu mai at the wing last week (I'm pretty sure I ate like 11). Kind of tastes like the beef ball dim sum in the form of a siu mai. That being said, the picture of the one at the bridge looks absolutely awful... and the soup for the dam dam min at the wing that day was awful too. Hopefully there's more consistency
the food had been degraded so much it might be comparable to mickeyD’s one day soon
however, the good thing w hk is good food isnt more than a train ride away. Also, remember to complain to cx. On social media.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by kaka

the food had been degraded so much it might be comparable to mickeyD’s one day soon
however, the good thing w hk is good food isnt more than a train ride away. Also, remember to complain to cx. On social media.
Hey now, don't diss McD's like that! At least McD's quality is consistent
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nightkhan
Hey now, don't diss McD's like that! At least McD's quality is consistent
cx is catching up on consistency-now they have a greatly similar menu across lounges

people asked for more space in lounge, seems like theyve got it.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:16 pm

If one wanted to go have some seriously good siu mai in HKIA (outside of lounges), where would one go?
I tend to head straight to The Wing every single time, for meals, but I wouldn't mind spending $$ if there's great/mind-blowing siu mai available at one of the shops/cafes/restaurants there....
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:52 pm

Don't panic, I had some siu mai last week, definitely still on the menu.

I've been travelling regionally lately and getting all the "local" dishes that the noodle bar offers. BKK does a reasonable pad thai and SIN does a good chicken rice. Dan Dan is still my favourite though.

If there is an area that the CX lounges fall short, it is some o the Western options. Whoever makes the pizza at the Bridge and the Pier needs to go to Italy or New York and learn what actual pizza looks like.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by infinitium
If one wanted to go have some seriously good siu mai in HKIA (outside of lounges), where would one go?
I tend to head straight to The Wing every single time, for meals, but I wouldn't mind spending $$ if there's great/mind-blowing siu mai available at one of the shops/cafes/restaurants there....
theres a maxims landside
infinitium likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Mmmm dan dan.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
What kind of soy sauce is CX using? The sweet or the salty one?

The reason I am asking because the stupid PPL is uing the salty one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.