Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:37 pm

F Availabilty

Originally Posted by G-CIVC

Ive successfully done this for the HND route as I believed they just pulled partner and MPC redemptions for a large majority if not the entirety of flights after I wrote in to him and a few higher ups...one small step to success

since the ‘ugliness’ of the post-622 world is more and more surfacing, you can probably say CX has triggered me enough to play a zero sum game with them. I don’t mind if everyone fails to redeem anything. The AA/AS game has existed long enough and I have no hesitation in torpedoing the ship!
In March there was plenty of close in partner award availability in F between USA/HKG. Now I don;t see anything. Even on non USA routes F award availability is reduced or nonexistant. J space is available. What's happened to F space?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by bailey911
In March there was plenty of close in partner award availability in F between USA/HKG. Now I don;t see anything. Even on non USA routes F award availability is reduced or nonexistant. J space is available. What's happened to F space?
What’s selling inventory on the days you’re looking? Since the Vietnam mistake fare, I’ve had to stop buying tickets on CX due F perpetually sold out. My next trip is in May and there’s no selling inventory on the flight I need. The mistake fare rewarded the unscrupulous AND screwed the high spenders.
HarbourGent and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker

What’s selling inventory on the days you’re looking? Since the Vietnam mistake fare, I’ve had to stop buying tickets on CX due F perpetually sold out. My next trip is in May and there’s no selling inventory on the flight I need. The mistake fare rewarded the unscrupulous AND screwed the high spenders.
Since the mistake fare I have seen availability return, vanish, then reappear in March. Its been almost a month since I have seen any seats.
So it just the Vietnam fare or other issues?
Very surprised more people are not picking up on this-there not much discussion about current F space to all destinations, not just the USA
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:05 am

looking to fly from PER to NYC on 12/28 - Asiamiles is showing waitlist for every type of business class award. Yet when I look on EF, the flights (CX144 & CX846) all show J9 C9 D9 I9. I know none of those indicate award buckets, but it would seem the cabins are fairly empty still, so I am suprised at the dearth of award options. I didn't think J would be affected by the Vietnam Fare issue. Thoughts?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
looking to fly from PER to NYC on 12/28 - Asiamiles is showing waitlist for every type of business class award. Yet when I look on EF, the flights (CX144 & CX846) all show J9 C9 D9 I9. I know none of those indicate award buckets, but it would seem the cabins are fairly empty still, so I am suprised at the dearth of award options. I didn't think J would be affected by the Vietnam Fare issue. Thoughts?
The world is changing. We cannot always predict what will happen. Maybe CX plans to offer discounted fare sales and hopes to sell most of their holiday inventory rather than give it away as awards? Maybe there will be another error fare?

My advice: hope for the best, keep looking, but always have a backup plan.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
December is a long way off. Just because the flight isn’t full now doesn’t mean it won’t be 6 months down the road. CX may well have released several award seats a year out but they could’ve been snapped up. It has nothing to do with the Vietnam fare.

You can only start predicting based on the loads much closer to departure, around 2 weeks out.

Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:39 pm

Is CX withholding peak season award availability to partners lately?
I've seen them releasing ex-HKG award space (standard) for July progressively, but nothing is showing up on BA or QF, including HKG-BKK/KUL/SIN.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Hi guys, would like to check if this is possible.

Lets say if i were to issue at ticket today, travel in May 2020, I am only able issue tickets to travel mid June as thats the ticketing deadline
HKG-KUL May 2020
KUL-MEL June 2020.

Understand Ticket is valid for around 1 year from date of issue, will i be able to change the KUL-MEL sector beyond that 1 year from today(my intended travel date is August) after I have flown the HKG-KUL sector.

Sorry for the convolution, I hope you guys understand the question
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by db07mufan
Hi guys, would like to check if this is possible.

Lets say if i were to issue at ticket today, travel in May 2020, I am only able issue tickets to travel mid June as thats the ticketing deadline
HKG-KUL May 2020
KUL-MEL June 2020.

Understand Ticket is valid for around 1 year from date of issue, will i be able to change the KUL-MEL sector beyond that 1 year from today(my intended travel date is August) after I have flown the HKG-KUL sector.

Sorry for the convolution, I hope you guys understand the question
You can do that for revenue tickets, but unfortunately not mileage-redemption tickets. All travels have to be completed within 1 year of ticket issuance. I think in the past, it used to be possible to pay a fee and extend the NVA (Not Valid After) date by a month, but I can't find it now, and it may have been taken away when they changed the rules last year.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
You can do that for revenue tickets, but unfortunately not mileage-redemption tickets. All travels have to be completed within 1 year of ticket issuance. I think in the past, it used to be possible to pay a fee and extend the NVA (Not Valid After) date by a month, but I can't find it now, and it may have been taken away when they changed the rules last year.
Alright, that means there's no way of 'circumnavigating' to 'extend' the travel dates after flying the first sector.

Thanks
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:44 pm

Trying to redeem business class tickets, 1 year out in June 2020, SIN-CDG but zero availability! Is this common? Usually they consistently release 2 to 4 seats for redemption. Tried hkg-cdg and sin-cdg but no availability.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by tboons
Trying to redeem business class tickets, 1 year out in June 2020, SIN-CDG but zero availability! Is this common? Usually they consistently release 2 to 4 seats for redemption. Tried hkg-cdg and sin-cdg but no availability.
Where you are looking? I see availability multiple days SIN-CDG in June for 2.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:17 am

Using BA search engine...
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:24 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by tboons
Using BA search engine...
Not released to partners
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:23 am

Ah. When would the seats be released to partners.

Am using Qmiles... From Qatar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.