Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Loss After Counter Reset

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Always better to tell them beforehand.

However not all is necessarily lost - worth a try to point out ‘I had exceeded/lost XX CP last year, if they had been accounted correctly, I would have reached the threshold for requalification/there upgrade’ towards the end of the next membership year. Probably easier when it’s about requalification.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:00 am

Sorry to tag onto this thread. Has anyone tried this before?

- Currently 80 CP short for next tier
- Got a long haul round trip coming up (total 180CP)
- withhold number from the booking
- after the flight, only submit a missing miles request for the FIRST leg
- later on submit a missing miles request for the second leg

or alternatively
1. Fly first leg and hope MP process the 90 CP and next tier upgrade ASAP.
2. 6 days later I fly the return leg and get the remaining 90 CP credited to the new membership year?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:28 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Which tier are you looking to requalify? Reports say that if you're only short a little bit, CX will renew you anyway.

So I would probably withhold the crediting until your member year ticks over and see what they do. If they don't renew you, then plead for a retro credit for them to bump you up again.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Which tier are you looking to requalify? Reports say that if you're only short a little bit, CX will renew you anyway.

So I would probably withhold the crediting until your member year ticks over and see what they do. If they don't renew you, then plead for a retro credit for them to bump you up again.
i am just going from green to silver (embarrassing so didn’t mention it before

so currently 80 CP short with a long haul coming up worth 180CP. The membership year does not expire until Sep 2019 so it’s kind of a awkward situation.

Ideally I just remove all MP numbers from the booking and then hope they allow me to claim back leg by leg (90CP per leg). Just wanted to see if anyone had tried that before? Last thing I want is to claim the first leg and they credit the whole round trip booking.

thanks
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: CX MPC Gold, Mariott Titanium, United 1K
Story

So, I had a similar story on my part when I was going from Silver to Gold MPC, although the points I forfeited were significantly higher.

I had no idea there would be a points reset once I hit the 300 for silver (Yes this is my fault) and was at 295 points. I had a QR flight coming up from HKG -> AMS through DOH in business class and this was equal to 210 club points on 4 different flights (but on one ticket). What happened was the points were credited all at once and I hit 300, but obviously it reset back to 0 so I lost 205 club points.

After a lot of arguing back and forth, I did manage to convince them that the 4 flights should have credited separately so I should have reset after flight 1 not after all 4. I don't know how correct this argument was, but eventually they caved in and compromised by letting me hit gold at 390 points instead of the usual 600 needed.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:34 am

Sorry to bump this again. I am thinking this method will maybe be easier.

Question is, does anyone know how long it takes Marco Polo to process the tier upgrade after the first flight? Is 6 days enough?

CP needed for Silver - 70CP
- Fly first leg and hope MP process the 90 CP and next tier upgrade ASAP. (Don’t mind losing 20CP)

- 6 days later I fly the return leg and get the remaining 90 CP credited to the new membership year?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: CX MPC Gold, Mariott Titanium, United 1K
Originally Posted by twonga
Sorry to bump this again. I am thinking this method will maybe be easier.

Question is, does anyone know how long it takes Marco Polo to process the tier upgrade after the first flight? Is 6 days enough?

CP needed for Silver - 70CP
- Fly first leg and hope MP process the 90 CP and next tier upgrade ASAP. (Don’t mind losing 20CP)

- 6 days later I fly the return leg and get the remaining 90 CP credited to the new membership year?
You can call Marco Polo to manually upgrade your account the minute you hit the threshold
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by twonga
Usually much more than enough. Your membership should be upgraded within a day after CP credited (1-2 days after flight if on CX) and new membership year will kick in immediately at upgrade.

Originally Posted by Jason Chan
You can call Marco Polo to manually upgrade your account the minute you hit the threshold
Yes, but I don't know if they do anything until CP is credited.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Usually much more than enough. Your membership should be upgraded within a day after CP credited (1-2 days after flight if on CX) and new membership year will kick in immediately
Originally Posted by Jason Chan
thanks both! Much appreciated!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:44 pm

This kind of thing sucks, but it's just the way it works.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
If I have already re-qualified for SL but already know I won't reach GO during my membership year (ends April 30) -- am I just better off crediting all my upcoming CX flights to other FFP (as I need to top up balances at BAEC, Alaska etc.) since my club points will be reset at the end of April? Not sure if this is how it works, but it seems a bit counter-intuitive and non-incentivising by CX.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
There's a few options.

1. Credit to another program if its helpful for you.
2. Call MPC and ask them for a reset. You will start a new year at SL with 0 points.
3. Remove your MPC/Asia Miles # from your upcoming flights. Then after April 30 when new year starts, submit missing mileage claims for your flights. They will credit in your new membership year.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by synthkeys
3. Remove your MPC/Asia Miles # from your upcoming flights.
If I do this, will I still have lounge access for these flights?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Yes, just bring the physical card with you and show it to the lounge receptionist.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
You can also have your MPC # removed in the lounge or at that gate before boarding.

Last edited by synthkeys; Jan 19, 2019 at 12:26 am Reason: Fix type

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.