Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enough time to transit?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Enough time to transit?

Flying MLE -> HKG -> JFK in Feb. I arrive at HKG on a Thursday at 8:15am and flying J to JFK at 9:35am on one PNR code. Will i have enough time to make that flight? All on Cathay obviously.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Should be fine as I find CX and HKG airport are efficient, provided that the first leg is not delayed. But just in case you missed your second flight due to the delay of you arriving at HKG and you booked your journey all the way to JFK on CX, they should put you on the next available flight.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by hkcxflyer
Should be fine as I find CX and HKG airport are efficient, provided that the first leg is not delayed. But just in case you missed your second flight due to the delay of you arriving at HKG and you booked your journey all the way to JFK on CX, they should put you on the next available flight.
Yes, but that can be a long wait. The next flight is 7 hours away.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Yes, but that can be a long wait. The next flight is 7 hours away.
to align expectations in advance, CX will not give you lounges/hotel for a 7 hour wait.
tentseller likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by kaka
to align expectations in advance, CX will not give you lounges/hotel for a 7 hour wait.
Originally Posted by atojbk
... and flying J to JFK at 9:35am on one PNR code.
But flying J to JKF will have lounge access anyway.
kaka likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by atojbk
Flying MLE -> HKG -> JFK in Feb. I arrive at HKG on a Thursday at 8:15am and flying J to JFK at 9:35am on one PNR code. Will i have enough time to make that flight? All on Cathay obviously.
The MCT (Minimum Connecting Time) for CX-CX at HKG is 50 minutes. You will normally be fine unless the inbound flight is delayed by more than half an hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.