Wiki Posts
Search

KA in-town Check-in Merged with CX?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
KA in-town Check-in Merged with CX?

Was trying to check-in for my KA flight last Saturday at Kowloon Station. Couldn't find the counter and got redirected to CX's counter by staff. Have they merged some of their ground operation (remember someone mentioned that on CX secrets?)
Old May 2, 2018, 12:30 am

Yes, KA is now handled by CX ground staff instead of HAS as stated in the airport website. To my understanding landside operation merged first last month, not sure if they have merged the airside yet

Last edited by patrickw; May 3, 2018 at 8:24 am Reason: tried to resize attached image
Old May 3, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
It's good news. Saw that a few weeks ago, and so avoided the silly situation where you tried to check-in at the airport express and KA had a queue (since they only had a single desk, and no priority lane) and yet CX was pretty much empty.

Makes perfect sense, the very first time I tried to check-in at the airport express station for KA I was surprised to find a separate desk. Let's hope they do it properly soon at HKG airport directly, where you arrive at the CX desks to be redirected from A to G( H?I?J?) to the KA desk simply to print a boarding pass and drop a bag. It's the same company after all, not like they overlap on many destinations outside of the mainland PVG/PEK (are there any others?), so you get to choose the carrier only based on destination, not because you'd happily pay a bit more for the CX planes.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

KA supplements CX's services to HND and TPE I believe. But yeah, it would be so much better if they can merge aisle H into B-C. But they may have overflow issues and at least H is directly outside the South Entrance.
Old May 4, 2018, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by iansh
KA supplements CX's services to HND and TPE I believe. But yeah, it would be so much better if they can merge aisle H into B-C. But they may have overflow issues and at least H is directly outside the South Entrance.
​​​​​​
I personally would actually prefer they keep it with B/C and H to spread out passengers a bit and avoid overcrowding. Just maybe don't make you to go to the other side and queue again in case you are at the wrong aisle for check in because you forgot it's a codeshare or too early in the morning not to mix up which flight I'm taking.
littlevoices likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Think now the only outport that's both served by CX and KA and has two different teams to do check-in for CX and KA separately is PEK (despite that CX finally moved back to aisle C from aisle B)… HND PVG TPE all are served by same team
Old May 10, 2018, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Which they desperately need to rectify.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:54 am

I believe it was due to baggage delivery capacity.
CX and KA make up the majority of flights at HKIA and the current baggage setup at Aisle A/B/C wouldn’t cope with the volume of check in luggage.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:19 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Same with HOK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.