Search

Exclusive fare to MPC member ex-HKG

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Exclusive fare to MPC member ex-HKG

Just got an email from MPC....

We are pleased to offer you, our Marco Polo Club member, exclusive fares to the United States in Premium Economy Class.

Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, take advantage of this offer before 10 .June .2018 and create some wonderful memories along the way. You’ll also earn club points and Asia Miles.

Book by:
10 .June .2018

Departure period:
10 .May.–.31 .December. 2018

Cabin class:
Premium Economy Class

Minimum/maximum stay:
2 days/1 month

Round-trip flight from Hong Kong to:
Destinations // Exclusive fares*
Chicago // HKD16,800
Washington. DC // HKD16,800
New York (Newark Liberty) // HKD18,200
*Fares are subject to applicable taxes and surcharges.

LIMITED TIME OFFER
Log in with your Marco Polo Club membership number to enjoy these exclusive fares and earn club points and Asia Miles.

BOOK NOW

We look forward to welcoming you on board soon.
Yours sincerely,

Nicolas Masse
Marco Polo Club Manager

Terms and Conditions:
1. This offer is intended for the recipient of this communication and is non-transferable.
2. The fares are only applicable to round-trip flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong to Chicago, New York (Newark Liberty International Airport) or Washington DC.
3. This offer is only applicable to fare class E (Premium Economy Class) and subject to availability.
4. Booking must be made via the dedicated link on or before 10 .June .2018.
8. Open-jaw is not allowed.
So it's like... 15% off? Not quite attractive to me though...

Anyone else got this / something different?
Old May 10, 2018, 11:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
So their pricing of ex-HKG E class is akin to AA I class...

As always, anyone with a combination of time to spare / an HRP / a relevant visa / tolerance for KA or ATC delays can easily fare much much much much better, regardless of E or R or I class to the same destinations. You know what I mean.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I was so ready to join MPC.. passing at this point despite my 4-6 week visits to HKG from SFO... Sticking with AA for the moment.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
I think they sent this to those who have a history flying to the United States on PEY/C class (very low tech data-mining) and also maybe in need of 100+ points for the next tier......

Not a bad offer really for those who need mileage run (or should I say Clubpoint run) at all.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:04 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
@HKUSFLYER I received it and don’t match the profile you stated.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by sxc
@HKUSFLYER I received it and don’t match the profile you stated.
Maybe I thought too highly of CX on their tech front.....
Old May 16, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
I received it too and the other day I received another email from CX AMEX Card on offer for Europe (Economy and PEY) with similar travel and booking periods as the US one
Old May 16, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Received the same offers as OP for PEY, as well as Y class from 4,800HKD. Not even a MPO member, just basic Asia Miles.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I received it last week, and I am well into my second year of the holiday.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Those are *exclusive fares*? Don't make me laugh. Those fares you can fly C class in many other airlines, some of them with seats comparable with Cathay.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by HKUSFLYER
I think they sent this to those who have a history flying to the United States on PEY/C class (very low tech data-mining) and also maybe in need of 100+ points for the next tier......

Not a bad offer really for those who need mileage run (or should I say Clubpoint run) at all.
Data mining? might have thought too much mate. An ordinary AM member who hasn't been to the US ever also receives this so-called exclusive fare.

CX should improve MMB and make open jaw award booking available online before looking into Data mining IMO.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:36 am

Too bad that I didn't get that email. Have a trip planned for early Oct to Chicago and have been waiting for the price of PEY to come down. Would have bought the ticket if it is selling at $16,800.

But now that I have read this thread, I think I should search for some practical ex-China or ex-TPE I class tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.