Vintage Champagne in F

Reply

Old Mar 28, 19, 5:06 am
  #166  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,950
the Piper family and myself hadn't been compatible for years...
FlyPointyEnd and clubeurope like this.
kaka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 19, 5:13 pm
  #167  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Anywhere but home
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL 1MM/SM, HH Diam, AClub Plat, PC Plat, SPG/MR G
Posts: 4,146
I flew HKG-BOS yesterday and the only champagne on offer was the Brut Vintage Rare 2002. While I was hoping to try the 2004 Krug, I was extremely happy with the Rare. In fact, that's all I drank. The red wine list included Seghesio Zinfandel Sonoma County 2015, which was really surprising for first class.
FlytheTail is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:21 pm
  #168  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: CX DM
Posts: 151
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy View Post
Hear, hear. The big alcohol-related issue on board CX in F is the rest of the wine list, not the champagne selection. Any passenger who spends a 15 hour flight only drinking the champagne needs to take a long, hard look at themselves
Actually I know of a couple of friends who drink only champagne from the CX lounge till getting off the plane. They estimate they'd drink about 2 bottles of champagne per person per flight... hey, if that's how some people roll, I'll go with it!
flubber is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:26 pm
  #169  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HKG
Programs: CX DM, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 375
Originally Posted by absoluy View Post
At least they’ve still got decent scotch...
Yes it's nice to have some signet or blue to break up the Krug monotony😀
jacobsleather is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 19, 2:17 am
  #170  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: None any more
Posts: 10,710
Originally Posted by FlytheTail View Post
The red wine list included Seghesio Zinfandel Sonoma County 2015, which was really surprising for first class.
It's about US$20/bottle. Apart from the fizz and the flagship claret, US$15-20 retail price seems to be CX's budget for wines in F. Maybe $10-12 for J and $4-5 in Y.
christep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 19, 9:10 am
  #171  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Krug 2004 was served on CX 888 yesterday.... it was very nice!
the.wandering.aengus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 19, 12:35 pm
  #172  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 27
Same 2004 Krug on CX 884 on May 5. Quite tasty.
becks1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 19, 4:03 pm
  #173  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SNA
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 8,680
Had 2004 Krug on 846 HKG-JFK on 5/4...was very happy to see that and they were well stocked as we went through many bottles and it just kept coming
ryan182 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 5:56 am
  #174  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HKG
Programs: CX DM, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 375

Celebrating Cathay Pacific’s 20-year partnership with Champagne Deutz

This year marks the 20-year partnership between Cathay Pacific and the prestigious Champagne house Deutz. Since the introduction of Cuvée William Deutz 1990 to our inflight cellar in June 1999, we have served nearly 1.3 million glasses of Deutz Champagnes to our premium passengers, and enjoyed recognition in the Business Traveller Cellars in the Sky Awards, thanks in part to the outstanding quality of the cuvées by Deutz.

To commemorate this long-standing relationship, we will serve a rotating selection of distinguished Deutz Champagnes onboard from June 2019. You are welcome to savour the following vintages and anniversary limited-edition on selected flights in First and Business Class:
  • Cuvée William Deutz 2009 – available on selected regional flights in First Class (from June 2019)
  • Amour de Deutz Blanc de Blancs 2009 – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in First Class (in June and October 2019)
  • Deutz Brut Classic – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in Business Class (from June to August 2019), served from a bottle bearing a limited-edition medallion highlighting the 20th anniversary milestone
Eligible members visiting Cathay Pacific’s First Class lounges at Hong Kong International Airport can also taste the graceful Deutz Brut Rosé at the lounge before starting their journey in the sky.
jacobsleather is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 6:13 am
  #175  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 587
Originally Posted by jacobsleather View Post
  • Cuvée William Deutz 2009 – available on selected regional flights in First Class (from June 2019)
  • Amour de Deutz Blanc de Blancs 2009 – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in First Class (in June and October 2019)
  • Deutz Brut Classic – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in Business Class (from June to August 2019), served from a bottle bearing a limited-edition medallion highlighting the 20th anniversary milestone
I hope the "in June and October" bit isn't a typo and they're only going to be serving this in June and October (and if you're travelling in May/July/August/September/November onward they'll still be serving Krug...).
absoluy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 6:42 pm
  #176  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MNL
Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 2,030
Originally Posted by jacobsleather View Post

Celebrating Cathay Pacific’s 20-year partnership with Champagne Deutz

This year marks the 20-year partnership between Cathay Pacific and the prestigious Champagne house Deutz. Since the introduction of Cuvée William Deutz 1990 to our inflight cellar in June 1999, we have served nearly 1.3 million glasses of Deutz Champagnes to our premium passengers, and enjoyed recognition in the Business Traveller Cellars in the Sky Awards, thanks in part to the outstanding quality of the cuvées by Deutz.

To commemorate this long-standing relationship, we will serve a rotating selection of distinguished Deutz Champagnes onboard from June 2019. You are welcome to savour the following vintages and anniversary limited-edition on selected flights in First and Business Class:
  • Cuvée William Deutz 2009 – available on selected regional flights in First Class (from June 2019)
  • Amour de Deutz Blanc de Blancs 2009 – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in First Class (in June and October 2019)
  • Deutz Brut Classic – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in Business Class (from June to August 2019), served from a bottle bearing a limited-edition medallion highlighting the 20th anniversary milestone
Eligible members visiting Cathay Pacific’s First Class lounges at Hong Kong International Airport can also taste the graceful Deutz Brut Rosé at the lounge before starting their journey in the sky.
I miss the Amour de Duetz Blanc de Blanc....hope I get it next month on the way to BOS
FlyPointyEnd is online now  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread