Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vintage Champagne in F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
the Piper family and myself hadn't been compatible for years...
FlyPointyEnd and clubeurope like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I flew HKG-BOS yesterday and the only champagne on offer was the Brut Vintage Rare 2002. While I was hoping to try the 2004 Krug, I was extremely happy with the Rare. In fact, that's all I drank. The red wine list included Seghesio Zinfandel Sonoma County 2015, which was really surprising for first class.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Hear, hear. The big alcohol-related issue on board CX in F is the rest of the wine list, not the champagne selection. Any passenger who spends a 15 hour flight only drinking the champagne needs to take a long, hard look at themselves
Actually I know of a couple of friends who drink only champagne from the CX lounge till getting off the plane. They estimate they'd drink about 2 bottles of champagne per person per flight... hey, if that's how some people roll, I'll go with it!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by absoluy
At least they’ve still got decent scotch...
Yes it's nice to have some signet or blue to break up the Krug monotony😀
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
The red wine list included Seghesio Zinfandel Sonoma County 2015, which was really surprising for first class.
It's about US$20/bottle. Apart from the fizz and the flagship claret, US$15-20 retail price seems to be CX's budget for wines in F. Maybe $10-12 for J and $4-5 in Y.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:10 am

Krug 2004 was served on CX 888 yesterday.... it was very nice!
Old May 6, 2019, 12:35 pm

Same 2004 Krug on CX 884 on May 5. Quite tasty.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Had 2004 Krug on 846 HKG-JFK on 5/4...was very happy to see that and they were well stocked as we went through many bottles and it just kept coming
Old May 21, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy

Celebrating Cathay Pacific’s 20-year partnership with Champagne Deutz

This year marks the 20-year partnership between Cathay Pacific and the prestigious Champagne house Deutz. Since the introduction of Cuvée William Deutz 1990 to our inflight cellar in June 1999, we have served nearly 1.3 million glasses of Deutz Champagnes to our premium passengers, and enjoyed recognition in the Business Traveller Cellars in the Sky Awards, thanks in part to the outstanding quality of the cuvées by Deutz.

To commemorate this long-standing relationship, we will serve a rotating selection of distinguished Deutz Champagnes onboard from June 2019. You are welcome to savour the following vintages and anniversary limited-edition on selected flights in First and Business Class:
  • Cuvée William Deutz 2009 – available on selected regional flights in First Class (from June 2019)
  • Amour de Deutz Blanc de Blancs 2009 – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in First Class (in June and October 2019)
  • Deutz Brut Classic – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in Business Class (from June to August 2019), served from a bottle bearing a limited-edition medallion highlighting the 20th anniversary milestone
Eligible members visiting Cathay Pacific’s First Class lounges at Hong Kong International Airport can also taste the graceful Deutz Brut Rosé at the lounge before starting their journey in the sky.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jacobsleather
  • Cuvée William Deutz 2009 – available on selected regional flights in First Class (from June 2019)
  • Amour de Deutz Blanc de Blancs 2009 – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in First Class (in June and October 2019)
  • Deutz Brut Classic – available on selected long-haul and ultra-long-haul flights in Business Class (from June to August 2019), served from a bottle bearing a limited-edition medallion highlighting the 20th anniversary milestone
I hope the "in June and October" bit isn't a typo and they're only going to be serving this in June and October (and if you're travelling in May/July/August/September/November onward they'll still be serving Krug...).
Old May 21, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jacobsleather

Celebrating Cathay Pacific’s 20-year partnership with Champagne Deutz

This year marks the 20-year partnership between Cathay Pacific and the prestigious Champagne house Deutz. Since the introduction of Cuvée William Deutz 1990 to our inflight cellar in June 1999, we have served nearly 1.3 million glasses of Deutz Champagnes to our premium passengers, and enjoyed recognition in the Business Traveller Cellars in the Sky Awards, thanks in part to the outstanding quality of the cuvées by Deutz.

To commemorate this long-standing relationship, we will serve a rotating selection of distinguished Deutz Champagnes onboard from June 2019. You are welcome to savour the following vintages and anniversary limited-edition on selected flights in First and Business Class:
Eligible members visiting Cathay Pacific’s First Class lounges at Hong Kong International Airport can also taste the graceful Deutz Brut Rosé at the lounge before starting their journey in the sky.
I miss the Amour de Duetz Blanc de Blanc....hope I get it next month on the way to BOS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.