Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Which FF Number need to be attached to booking to get benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Hi,

maybe a stupid question, but:

CX : no status
Iberia : Gold status = Oneworld Sapphire

Will I get Oneworld benefits like lounge access with 1 guest when I fly CX and attach my Asiamiles number so miles are credited to my Asiamiles account ?
(If so, are the Oneworld partners connected so that the CX system recognize my Oneworld status automatically or do I need to present my digital Iberia card at checkin?)

Or do I need to credit my to Iberia to get the Sapphire benefits?

thanks for a short note !

marcydarcy
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
No problem to credit to AsiaMiles but use your Iberia card for lounge/checkin benefits,

If you're booking through a TA then they should be able to enter the two different numbers into your booking so that you receive the benefits and credits separately automatically.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by christep
If you're booking through a TA then they should be able to enter the two different numbers into your booking so that you receive the benefits and credits separately automatically.
I think only if the TA uses Amadeus. Sabre does not have such function and as far as I know neither does Galileo.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:43 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If you don't show the IB card (digital or otherwise) and only have AM number in the booking, CX will not know you are OWS.

Here is my recent experience redeeming AM for a CX flight and holding BA Gold: initially unable to change AM to BA on CX.com, but tried again several weeks later and it worked, which allowed me to choose seats.

Yet, when checking in bags for the flight at F check-in, agents were confused about why I was in that queue until I presented the OWE card. Although I got a physical BP, I tried using a mobile BP to enter the lounge and again had to present the OWE card (which was easier to retrieve than the paper BPs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.