Wiki Posts
Search

Showers @ LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM/360; AA EP
Showers @ LAX

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but.. Arriving LAX on a C class ticket and transferring after a 4 hour layover to AA on an F class ticket. OW Emerald, too. Can I, upon re-entering security, use the Qantas F lounge in TBIT to take a shower? Or do I need to try AA's lounge instead? Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
This is more of an AA question since CX does not have lounges at LAX. You could go to either QF or AA lounge. See discussion below.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2018-a-14.html
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
map724 as OWE you can use the QF first lounge in TBIT or the new AA flagship. I would go for the QF option tbh and use the showers there.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
This is more of an AA question since CX does not have lounges at LAX. You could go to either QF or AA lounge. See discussion below.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2018-a-14.html
To be exact, CX does not have a F lounge in LAX (they do jointly operate a J lounge with other OW carriers).
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
To be exact, CX does not have a F lounge in LAX (they do jointly operate a J lounge with other OW carriers).
I mean CX branded lounge like HKG/LHR/SFO/YVR etc etc.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I had a long layover at LAX last night. Very impressed by the LAX FL showers and would go there over QF F/OW J for the purpose of having a shower.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by map724
Apologies if this has been asked and answered but.. Arriving LAX on a C class ticket and transferring after a 4 hour layover to AA on an F class ticket. OW Emerald, too. Can I, upon re-entering security, use the Qantas F lounge in TBIT to take a shower? Or do I need to try AA's lounge instead? Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.
How will you get back through security at TBIT? Your AA boarding pass will have you leaving from a different (the next) terminal, no?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
How will you get back through security at TBIT? Your AA boarding pass will have you leaving from a different (the next) terminal, no?
T4 and TBIT are connected airside. In fact, T2 through T8 including TBIT are now all connected airside, either by a tunnel, a bridge, or a bus. Only T1 can’t be reached airside from the other terminals.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The water pressure in the QF showers is quite low. More precisely, there is less flow because they are water saving shower heads. Understandable given the drought in California.

I'm not sure how the showers in the new AA lounge are, but even before the renovation, I remember thinking that although interior design wise they were not as good as QF, functionally they were better.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by wrp96

T4 and TBIT are connected airside. In fact, T2 through T8 including TBIT are now all connected airside, either by a tunnel, a bridge, or a bus. Only T1 can’t be reached airside from the other terminals.
Spot on. As you complete Security at Terminal 4 turn right and head up the escalators by Gate 43 and then follow the walkway around, Qantas First is the first lounge you meet, and is opposite the Korean (I think) lounge. The BA/CX/QF Business Lounge is next along. Allow 5 to 10 minutes each way from Gate 43.

If you clear Security at Terminal 5 look for the tunnel to T4. Important note towards the end of the tunnel, there are steps on the left leading up to T4. Look for the sign, if you miss them you end up exiting and then have to clear security again, like I once did........

I do not know about the showers at QF First but the staff are up there with the best lounge staff to be found anywhere. The food is excellent, I usually have the Salt & Pepper Calamari (its different from the Sydney Lounge) and the really good hamburger (which is way better than most eateries). Though be warned they practice the weird Aussie habit of putting beetroot on the burger.

The AA Flagship Lounge is nice, but not as spacious, and is also self service which has its advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited by Nicc HK; Mar 5, 2018 at 8:31 pm Reason: Added detail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.