FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   The Deck - opens 22 March 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html)

G-CIVC Feb 27, 2018 2:21 am

The Deck - opens 22 March 2018

The Deck opening date of 3/22 confirmed. Details updated on CX website - will feature 8 showers, noodle bar and studioilse fittings as expected. Capacity 180

​​​​​​​Open 5:30am until last departure (not 0030).

​​​​​​​The Cabin to close on 4/30.

sxc Feb 27, 2018 2:33 am

PR pic here.

zeltergiset Feb 27, 2018 2:42 am

More photos on the website - https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...k-introduction

Cambo Feb 27, 2018 3:02 am

And this one in my "invitation": "Silver, Gold, and Diamond members enjoy unlimited access to our new lounge experience."
Suggests it's MPC only and not travel class or metal related.

sxc Feb 27, 2018 3:05 am

@Cambo this is on the website:

We welcome First and Business passengers, along with selected Marco Polo Club members and oneworld frequent flyers.

Cambo Feb 27, 2018 3:11 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29463957)
@Cambo this is on the website:

Yep, could very well be, though the email invitation said, what I quoted. And what I quoted is according the rumours regarding MPC (ehhhh, DM) only Lounge. Website might reflect the current situation and change by March 22. I don't know, we'll have to see what happens.

sxc Feb 27, 2018 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 29463968)
Yep, could very well be, though the email invitation said, what I quoted. And what I quoted is according the rumours regarding MPC (ehhhh, DM) only Lounge. Website might reflect the current situation and change by March 22. I don't know, we'll have to see what happens.

This is on the first page of the new page especially for The Deck. I doubt it’s going to change.

G-CIVC Feb 27, 2018 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 29463968)

It's because the email is targeted at MPO members.

Of course I wish CX would adopt an emerald ban, but that is admittedly wishful thinking!

kaka Feb 27, 2018 6:36 am

Id believe limiting the number of silvers would be better control of the number of pochers...

ermen Feb 27, 2018 10:10 am

Does the QF lounge still offers the shortcut at the back to the Deck? Previously remembered that you could exit the back of the QF lounge and it would have brought you directly to the then G16 lounge and the escalators down to the gate. But of course, the G16 was so crap, that nobody bothered going.

If the shortcut was still open, I was just thinking - I can so see that the opening of The Deck could cause CX's partner lounge bill to skyrocket lol :)

It wld be convenient to visit the Deck via using the QF lounge as a thoroughfare (QF bills CX for CX metal pax - kaching thank you very nuch)

CX will probably kick and scream (and lobby HKIA to somehow shut down the exit). OTOH QF would be happy to claw back plenty of revenue it pays to CX for its own members lounge crawls.

But as they say in real estate - Location, location, location. :)

kaka Feb 27, 2018 11:23 am

Originally Posted by ermen (Post 29465204)
Does the QF lounge still offers the shortcut at the back to the Deck? Previously remembered that you could exit the back of the QF lounge and it would have brought you directly to the then G16 lounge and the escalators down to the gate. But of course, the G16 was so crap, that nobody bothered going.

If the shortcut was still open, I was just thinking - I can so see that the opening of The Deck could cause CX's partner lounge bill to skyrocket lol :)

It wld be convenient to visit the Deck via using the QF lounge as a thoroughfare (QF bills CX for CX metal pax - kaching thank you very nuch)

CX will probably kick and scream (and lobby HKIA to somehow shut down the exit). OTOH QF would be happy to claw back plenty of revenue it pays to CX for its own members lounge crawls.

and then QF would also demand HKIA to reduce the rent due to the loss of the exit. (Actually that doubles as a fire exit. can HKIA enforces QF not to use it?)

Cambo Feb 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29463976)
This is on the first page of the new page especially for The Deck. I doubt it’s going to change.

Haha, thank you, I should not have believed that email.......

synthkeys Feb 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Oh bummer, I'm departing HKG on March 20. If I was just a few days ahead, I'd definitely scope out the new lounge.

TravelwhileyouEat Feb 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 29464393)
Id believe limiting the number of silvers would be better control of the number of pochers...

This is one of the few things MPC/CX can do within the actual rules of OW since SL is only OWR, though I don't know how that would go over with members. They can always claim 'capacity issues' for OWS and OWE of other programs though if they wanted to be cheeky.

1010101 Feb 27, 2018 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by ermen (Post 29465204)

The door and the entrance desk are still there, although the door is closed as there is nowhere to go once through it.

I assume the door will re-open when The Deck opens, as the stairs to access The Deck will be in use once again.