Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:25 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
#CeXit ? Or has that been used before?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by WorldLux
If CX wanted to get rid of the Emeralds in its F lounges, then it could probably pull the stunt that QR has done. Offer non-OW lounges to all passenger in F class and a OW F lounge offered to all eligible passengers (i.e. F and elites). In other words, the two things aren't mutually exclusive.
This has been debated over and over. Under the QR lounge system DMs wouldn't have access to the F-only lounges, or even J lounges if they're in Y. Adopting the QR model of having F/J-only lounges doesn't solve the root of the problem: making DMs feel special.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA-SIL MR-TIT HYT-GBL IHG-PLT HH-DIA WYN-PLT AMEX-PLT
I really cannot imagine that CX would do better in either of the other two alliances or un-aligned. OW is weak in China, has LHR and decent US connection ability. What else can CX reasonably want out of an alliance?
In Star they will be a distant second fiddle to SQ.

Skyteam has DL and MU’s deepening connection plus all the problems of an even weaker alliance.

CX is bigger player in OW than it’ll ever be in Star or Skyteam. This whole speculation seems to me to be centered around over-indulged DMs preening for a better deal for them at the expense of CX as a whole.

While CX’s relationships in OW are often frosty it seems that the alliance overall allows CX to punch above its weight in the current dynamic of increasing mainland expansion and reduced need for connections through HK.
cartman7110 and kaka like this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Not at all moot. *A doesn't give top tier elites access to F lounges as OW does. CX would instantly be rid of the Emeralds in its F lounges. Though who knows, maybe they need those entry fees from the sponsoring airline.
In OW, BA, QR, etc... does not provide access by status (to other airline's top tier) to its true first class lounges, in *A LH doesn't do the same (except for CCR for BA, HON for LH - how this maps to a potential DM+ I would not know) so there's precedents for both so there's no reason to believe it would change.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
In OW, BA, QR, etc... does not provide access by status (to other airline's top tier) to its true first class lounges, in *A LH doesn't do the same (except for CCR for BA, HON for LH - how this maps to a potential DM+ I would not know) so there's precedents for both so there's no reason to believe it would change.
correct but CX cannot differentiate their DM too for the purpose of this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:23 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I've just been told OZ in ICN will not admit *G members flying non-OZ *A metal (Priority Pass cardholders also must have OZ BP) https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-International
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by kaka
correct but CX cannot differentiate their DM too for the purpose of this.
In LH it is a separate level, but just star gold, in BA it is a level within Gold, so again, possible. Of course they could split out DMs into two categories.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Why is there a thread every month on this topic? There's nowhere for CX to go unless they tie up with Hong Kong Airlines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.