Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MPC card Colour

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IanFromHKG
The old distinctions between silver and diamond cards were subtle, and probably too subtle. However, the shiny silver-coloured flash on the Diamond cards was quite classy, The current matte black just looks cheap. My MH Platinum card looks classier than my CX Diamond card, which is so plain it actually looks like a specimen card, not the real thing.
Totally agree. CX is making everything cheap - IT, food, amenity kits - and even the DM card/luggage tag is cheap.

I made my way to DM 5 years ago because the card/luggage tag was really pretty - I wanted that sparkly silver luggage tag! Seriously, that was the reason for becoming DM.

With the ugly DM card/luggage tag, it makes being DM even less attractive. Looks totally bland and ugly on my travel bags and suitcases.

For the next membership year as DM, I will basically fly zero revenue flights and (try to) use up my 3M+ Asia Miles instead. Might buy some cheap QR J so that I drop down to SL/GO. The MPC game is no longer attractive to me. (I have zero work travel and so maintaining status is 100% out of my own pocket.)
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
For the next membership year as DM, I will basically fly zero revenue flights and (try to) use up my 3M+ Asia Miles instead. Might buy some cheap QR J so that I drop down to SL/GO. The MPC game is no longer attractive to me. (I have zero work travel and so maintaining status is 100% out of my own pocket.)
Same here, funnily enough - I am in my last ever year as DM (unless they gift it to me!). I am down to less than 200k AM and burning them as fast as I can. Don't really earn MPC points any more and no need to as we have switched our revenue LH flights to MH. The Memsahib got to Enrich Platinum (OWE) in seven months flat (from nothing - unlike MPC, Enrich don't reset you to zero each time you hit a new tier so it takes just 100,000 miles to get from zero status to OWE, and with J flights earning 165% miles that doesn't take many London flights!). The other great thing about Enrich Platinum is that if you are married, you can gift a card to your spouse - and it isn't an inferior card, it is also Enrich Platinum. So now I have two OWE cards and won't mourn the upcoming loss of my Diamond card at all - it gets me nothing that the Enrich Platinum card won't get me now that status upgrades are virtually non-existent (I have had just one LH upgrade in my last ten+ years as Diamond! - not even on my 50th birthday, not even when MPC - after some complaints from me - specifically requested one in the system). Oh, now I come to think about it - one disadvantage is that I only get one guest in the F lounges instead of two, but since the Memsahib now gets access on her own and can guest the other of our two Offspring, we are still better off overall! And with J flights to London costing just HK$24,600 - HK$26,800 return on MH (refundable, changeable, no blackouts) we are quids in too.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Macro Polo Club
Originally Posted by mxr
Pretty hard to see from the picture... which ones the new one?

Interested to see the GO one also.

I quite like the black DM. Discreet on my black/blue rimowas. Anyways they are there so if you lose your luggage they can identify who it belongs to and not to look flashy.
Top - last year design (ver 1.0?)
Bottom - new design (ver 2.0?)
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by tristanpang

Top - last year design (ver 1.0?)
Bottom - new design (ver 2.0?)

No picture.....

BTW v1 and v2 is the same, with the only difference being v1 is Dragonair, v2 is Cathay Dragon.... so the new design is actually v3
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold

Top to bottom:
Old card
New Design V1 with Dragonair on the back
New Design V2 with Cathay Dragon on the back (the yellow is lighter than V1)
Newest Design V3
sscywong likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Macro Polo Club
Originally Posted by sscywong
No picture.....

BTW v1 and v2 is the same, with the only difference being v1 is Dragonair, v2 is Cathay Dragon.... so the new design is actually v3
Posted on #10
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by hahaton2

Top to bottom:
Old card
New Design V1 with Dragonair on the back
New Design V2 with Cathay Dragon on the back (the yellow is lighter than V1)
Newest Design V3
The new card looks like my Starbucks gold card.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, GA Gold, CX Green
What do DM, DM+ and IN cards look like now?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by BB8Dreamliner
What do DM, DM+ and IN cards look like now?
​​​​​​​No changes for DM
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: MPO DM; PenClub; Netjets;
Actually the monochromatic flat colour scheme is fitting with CX's previously new branding. It is simple yet elegant. The metallic colours? Bleh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.