Wiki Posts
Search

New MPC card Colour

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold
New MPC card Colour

Hello everyone one on FT. I had been reading this forum for a long time and had decided to write my first post.
Had anybody noticed a change in colour in their new membership card? My old card was "yellow" and the new one I just got actually looks more like "gold". I know that my friend's silver card used to be "grey" and had changed to "silver". Does anyone knows if they had changed it for DM?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I saw the new SL card v3 on a forum before and it definitely looks much better than v1 (and v2 if that matters...)... Good to know that the GO card also get rid of the ugly mustard color.... Don't know if there's change to GR and DM card or not....
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:43 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
would you mind sharing a picture? Didnt they just change those colours last year during the revamp in march?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:45 pm

Here is the silver one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hkad...7499787301044/
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
The SL one looks better than DM! I hate the current DM card/luggage tag.

Black is such a stupid color for DM card/luggage tag ... majority of bags (suitcases, duffle bags, briefcases) are black ... and with no contrast at all, you can barely see the card against a black background.

Couldn't they have used the big brushwing logo in the middle just like the old cards?

The luggage tags are "free" marketing for CX ... making a logo bigger and using a more eye-catching color scheme makes more sense!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: CX Gold
My MPC luggage tag steel case got bent the first time I used it.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:30 pm

The DM card hasn't changed as far as i can tell, black is pretty hard to get wrong. I like the colour, it is nicely discreet.
fairhsa likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:32 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Maybe there are different coloured cards issued for those who were "gifted" a renewal this year
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
The SL one looks better than DM! I hate the current DM card/luggage tag.

Black is such a stupid color for DM card/luggage tag ... majority of bags (suitcases, duffle bags, briefcases) are black ... and with no contrast at all, you can barely see the card against a black background.

Couldn't they have used the big brushwing logo in the middle just like the old cards?

The luggage tags are "free" marketing for CX ... making a logo bigger and using a more eye-catching color scheme makes more sense!
Agreed - black is such a poor choice given most bags are black. Obviously decisions get made at CX without being sense-checked before signing off.

I still use the old 'proper' Diamond luggage tag rather than the current black one which is pretty pointless.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: Macro Polo Club

The new silver look like the past diamond colour schedule. It not just silver but with some glare material.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:56 am
mxr

Originally Posted by tristanpang

The new silver look like the past diamond colour schedule. It not just silver but with some glare material.
Pretty hard to see from the picture... which ones the new one?

Interested to see the GO one also.

I quite like the black DM. Discreet on my black/blue rimowas. Anyways they are there so if you lose your luggage they can identify who it belongs to and not to look flashy.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
I'm actually a fan of the Black card for DM. I didn't previously use the luggage tags since I thought the old DM "silver" was a bit too conspicuous, but I'm really liking the black tag on a black bag lol. Also using the matte black Rimowa Salas.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
A little bit of an unrelated question... when do you usually get these cards? I received my Green card not long after registering but haven't received any SL or GO cards
somemale likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium
Originally Posted by HaikalS
A little bit of an unrelated question... when do you usually get these cards? I received my Green card not long after registering but haven't received any SL or GO cards
You aren't the only one, I received Silver, but never Gold. As I don't really need them (I don't need the card and I'd prefer not to have luggage tags hanging on my luggage), I haven't called to find out.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
The whole system is pretty stupid. First two elite stages, based on metals (silver and gold). Top stage, based on a stone (Diamond - oh, and of course Diamond Plus), and - what is more - based on a (usually) colourless stone (yes, I know there are coloured diamonds, but they are due to impurities - a pure Diamond is colourless).

Honestly, I think all oneworld airlines should be encouraged to move to the same colour scheme - ruby, sapphire and emerald. Of course that means losing BA Blue, Cathay Green..... We wouldn't want to get those confused, would we??

The old distinctions between silver and diamond cards were subtle, and probably too subtle. However, the shiny silver-coloured flash on the Diamond cards was quite classy, The current matte black just looks cheap. My MH Platinum card looks classier than my CX Diamond card, which is so plain it actually looks like a specimen card, not the real thing.

Oh, and I can't believe I just spent ten minutes writing a detailed response on an issue so utterly trivial. Hahahaha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.