Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nolounge
When is your flight? Is it under airport control?
Sorry; it's a long way out so not under airport control.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
I had an aircraft change (from A359 to A333) which caused my assigned seat to be dropped (naturally). The Manage Booking on cathaypacific.com would not let me choose a new set (it reads: "We were unable to process your previous request. No further seat change is allowed"). The CX call centre in TLV is not the brightest one; is there a way to do it online? I'm a OWE and had no problem choosing my seats after the ticket was issued.
A capable CX call center agent can solve this for you. I experienced the same before after a change of metal.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by lewisyu
A capable CX call center agent can solve this for you. I experienced the same before after a change of metal.
Thanks; should I simply call the HK call center then?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:23 am

Thanks; should I simply call the HK call center then?
The first agent I reached in HK English hotline solved my issue. YMMV.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by lewisyu
The first agent I reached in HK English hotline solved my issue. YMMV.
^
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by boybi
I tried to seat my brother and his family (2 adults, 1 7yo child, 1 9mo old baby) in row 31 (behind the emergency exit seats) of KA A320, but it doesn't allow my brother (with baby) to be seated in that row. Was this for safety reasons?
I'm coming to this thread late... but it might be to do with the number of oxygen masks per seat group. I don't know if the A320 is the same as the 737, but on the 737 only select rows have four masks. Others have three. So 4 pax would be limited in their choice as to which seat group they can take.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I'm coming to this thread late... but it might be to do with the number of oxygen masks per seat group. I don't know if the A320 is the same as the 737, but on the 737 only select rows have four masks. Others have three. So 4 pax would be limited in their choice as to which seat group they can take.
i concur on this. baby lap infant can only be seated in a row with extra mask (how u put on baby is unknown) but this is safety reasons.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
I had an aircraft change (from A359 to A333) which caused my assigned seat to be dropped (naturally). The Manage Booking on cathaypacific.com would not let me choose a new set (it reads: "We were unable to process your previous request. No further seat change is allowed").
Does ‘having seat selection blocked off when you should be able to (eligible booking class)’ technically means an aircraft or class or seat change is in the works by the airline?

brgds,
jeffery

Last edited by Microtat; Dec 23, 2017 at 4:40 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Unsure on how CX grade bookings so idk if S is above V but we just booked our 1st CX flight and during the booking process it asked for FF details. I entered our BAEC details and it picked up on our OW Sapphire status and allowed us to book extra legroom seats for free during the booking process ( point of note: I dint have a CX/ Marco Polo account when booking. It didnt 1st time but booking crashed and when I tried again it picked up on status)

Flying BA 1st LHR-HKG then back from BKK in Business Class on an Amex 2-4-1 and had to do some arm twisting to get the lady to agree to CX as flights HKG-CNX are available a LOT cheaper but there was no way I was missing out on the CX lounges at HKG
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Unsure on how CX grade bookings so idk if S is above V but we just booked our 1st CX flight and during the booking process it asked for FF details. I entered our BAEC details and it picked up on our OW Sapphire status and allowed us to book extra legroom seats for free during the booking process ( point of note: I dint have a CX/ Marco Polo account when booking. It didnt 1st time but booking crashed and when I tried again it picked up on status)

Flying BA 1st LHR-HKG then back from BKK in Business Class on an Amex 2-4-1 and had to do some arm twisting to get the lady to agree to CX as flights HKG-CNX are available a LOT cheaper but there was no way I was missing out on the CX lounges at HKG
I’m not sure how your second paragraph is related to all this, but okay.

With regards to having status, CX has always allowed free seat selections for OWS and OWE, regardless of booking class.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by clubeurope
With regards to having status, CX has always allowed free seat selections for OWS and OWE, regardless of booking class.
Not true any more. On 359 the last row of PEY is blocked, even for OWE. I asked ISM on my recent flight and she had zero idea.

Refer to this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...-py-seats.html
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Not true any more. On 359 the last row of PEY is blocked, even for OWE. I asked ISM on my recent flight and she had zero idea.

Refer to this thread:
I’ll jump over to the other thread to have a read, but you’re saying the last row is blocked but opens up if you are willing to pay for them, even as a OWE?

Edited... just checked the other thread. I’m not sure how that contradicts what is written here. Status pax can choose seat that would otherwise be charged for, for free.

If an airline ines is blocking seats outright, that is a different issue?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:17 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by andersonCooper

Refer to this thread:
I wasn't referring to specific seats, but selecting seats in general. Also, PEY also has free seat selection for anyone.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

I’ll jump over to the other thread to have a read, but you’re saying the last row is blocked but opens up if you are willing to pay for them, even as a OWE?

Edited... just checked the other thread. I’m not sure how that contradicts what is written here. Status pax can choose seat that would otherwise be charged for, for free.

If an airline ines is blocking seats outright, that is a different issue?

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I wasn't referring to specific seats, but selecting seats in general. Also, PEY also has free seat selection for anyone.
I would say yes and no. PEY did have free seat selection for everyone, but controlling the last row for R and W is also contradicting "OWE/OWS can select any seats." I guess that's still true for discounted Y, but for PEY at least this change makes little sense and quite unfriendly. Essentially part of the price gap between R and E is the seat selection fees for OWE and OWS (with the rest of price gap goes to flexibility and upgradability, etc).
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: CX GO
Hi everyone,

I always call out MPC to remark travel together and arrange a seat next to me for my sister when we fly to anywhere. Since I fly from KHH most of the time, and she flies from HK, I always make the arrangement for our HKG to KUL leg. I just called MPC to arrange for an upcoming flight but the agent told me that they are no longer arranging seats for passengers who are not in the same booking. She needs to check in T48 to select seat since she is on Q class.

Does anyone face this issue? I don't know when they implemented this new rule but I could still make seat arrangement in Nov 2018.

Thanks!

Last edited by wenbin85; Mar 25, 2019 at 3:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.