FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jacobsleather
Print Wikipost

Cathay Pacific Fleet Information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by henryc41
KPB left the fleet as CX3396 today.
B-KPB is currently stored in XMN right now. As I seen in planespotters.net, B-KPB will become Nordwind Airline soon.
https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...cific/ON4DtDEM
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: CX DM
LXD will be joining the fleet soon! Ferry flight TLS-HKG as CX3510.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:02 am

Do you think when B-HNA will quit the fleet?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: Cathay, Oneworld
B-LXD is now in service
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:47 pm

I was on B-KPZ last week (CX178 on 3 Oct) and it has wi-fi. Does anyone know what % of the longhaul B777s have wifi fitted now? Makes a big difference to my preferred schedule.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by lionelhutz
I was on B-KPZ last week (CX178 on 3 Oct) and it has wi-fi. Does anyone know what % of the longhaul B777s have wifi fitted now? Makes a big difference to my preferred schedule.
thanks . updated.

Check here and look at the fleet registrations for each bird. A "*" symbol designates wifi-enabled aircraft: Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:45 pm

To everyone accessing the fleet guide page: please use this link!

Hello FT board, please remember to use this link below to access the CX / KA fleet guide page we maintain. Remember if you're re-posting the link elsewhere, please use the page that web address that ends in "pub" (for "publish").

Don't just paste the normal link (which may end in "edit"), otherwise an annoying sign-in process is required, and a lot of folks can't access the page.

The page is published publicly, but editing access is restricted. This means if you just post the regular link, people without editing access can't view the page, even though the page is publicly published. (..thanks Google)

Hyperlink: Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Link you should copy/paste if posting elsewhere: https://docs.google.com/document/u/2...qK1TjaSS6M/pub

Let me know via PM or post in this thread if you would like to be an editor. I receive hundreds of erroneous "request for access" emails (not your fault, Google issue) when people try to access the page via different links, so it's not practical for me to respond via requests sent via Gmail. Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have my first CX flight in about 30 years coming up in 4 weeks time.

Originally CX712 from BKK to HKG was on an A330, but this appears to have been switched to an A359. I am currently in seat 12A. Are there any drawbacks to this seat given that there does not appear to be an 11A?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Agent69
I have my first CX flight in about 30 years coming up in 4 weeks time.

Originally CX712 from BKK to HKG was on an A330, but this appears to have been switched to an A359. I am currently in seat 12A. Are there any drawbacks to this seat given that there does not appear to be an 11A?
12A is the bulkhead, there is no 11A, only 11D/G which are the worst seat pair in the cabin. 12 A is also a bassinet seat.

I honestly don't think there are any drawbacks to 12A, it's very normal, though you get a lot of people passing past you heading towards the lavatory (which shouldn't be an issue on a short flight like BKK-HKG).
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
12A is the bulkhead, there is no 11A, only 11D/G which are the worst seat pair in the cabin. 12 A is also a bassinet seat.

I honestly don't think there are any drawbacks to 12A, it's very normal, though you get a lot of people passing past you heading towards the lavatory (which shouldn't be an issue on a short flight like BKK-HKG).
I have sat on 11G from LHR-HKG and honestly it was very good. I honestly don't see anything wrong with the seat
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:01 am

Also does anyone know when B-KPC is leaving the fleet?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by KhemaneyBoy
I have sat on 11G from LHR-HKG and honestly it was very good. I honestly don't see anything wrong with the seat
...read his post carefully. Your experience is not relevant since you're not talking about the same thing.

He's talking about the A350, which you definitely weren't on if you flew from LHR, since that port is only served by 777s. Indeed rows 11-12 on the 77H/A is what we would probably consider the best two rows on CX biz fleetwide.

It is without question that 11D/G on the 35G and 35J are the worst CX longhaul J class seats.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope
12 A is also a bassinet seat.
So the biggest risk is having to look after somebody else's baby?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
...read his post carefully. Your experience is not relevant since you're not talking about the same thing.

He's talking about the A350, which you definitely weren't on if you flew from LHR, since that port is only served by 777s. Indeed rows 11-12 on the 77H/A is what we would probably consider the best two rows on CX biz fleetwide.

It is without question that 11D/G on the 35G and 35J are the worst CX longhaul J class seats.
My mistake
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:00 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Agent69
So the biggest risk is having to look after somebody else's baby?
no. Being a bassinet seat, it is often assigned as a priority seat, so in theory, the passenger can be reassigned to another seat should the need arise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.