Wiki Posts
Search

PEY to BOM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC DM, SPG Plat
PEY to BOM

Does anyone know whether CX has stopped PEY service to BOM? I was looking for last minute flights in J but it is completely sold out and the rep told me there is no PEY for the dates I'm looking at going / returning (Jan 26/29). I've flown PEY to BOM in the past when J was sold out but am wondering whether CX made a conscious decision not to offer it anymore.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Yes, no more premium economy to India or Middle East
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ct-2015-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...emoval-pe.html
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
Originally Posted by casbroker
I've flown PEY to BOM in the past when J was sold out but am wondering whether CX made a conscious decision not to offer it anymore.
It appears the indian market is polarized between high classes and cheap coach, with relatively few choosing in the middle, hence CX removed PEY altogether from these routes.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by CXBA
It appears the indian market is polarized between high classes and cheap coach, with relatively few choosing in the middle, hence CX removed PEY altogether from these routes.
It probably has a lot to do with the fact that around 2 years back, CX changed cut back PEY service standards to remove the J class main and other benefits. Since that time PEY to BOM has basically operated as EY service with better seat. Not exactly enticing, is it?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:58 am
Original Poster

I flew PEY on October 5 to BOM when J was sold out. Little did I know that they were ending the service!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:06 am

Bit OT but I'm probably going to switch my BOM runs from CX Y to MH J. It's not crazy expensive and under the new system I'll need to extra points. CX V class will only net 20 points for round trip whereas MH J will net 100 points, which is actually good value for around HK$10-12K.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by midlevels
Bit OT but I'm probably going to switch my BOM runs from CX Y to MH J. It's not crazy expensive and under the new system I'll need to extra points. CX V class will only net 20 points for round trip whereas MH J will net 100 points, which is actually good value for around HK$10-12K.
Is that worth the inconvenience of having to change in KL? With 4-5 trips a year for me the extra 40 points from CX J to MH J may make a difference for me as well.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by casbroker
Is that worth the inconvenience of having to change in KL? With 4-5 trips a year for me the extra 40 points from CX J to MH J may make a difference for me as well.
Unfortunately the MH hard product on the HKG and BOM routes is horrible and the stopover also adds on a lot of time and headache value. So yes, there is a severe inconvenience factor.

However, for me, while I could get 60K miles comfortably without any special effort, 600 points is a different beast and I have no hope unless I find some creative ways such as this to pad the count.

At the end of the day, CX Gold is worth it for me, and I suspect it will only get better in the future if the member count drops down sharply, which I am sure will happen, especially for Y/Y+ travellers. Most of my travel is longhual Y+ and on around two-thirds of my flights I am upgraded to J, so there is definitely value for me in retaining Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.