Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Changing Final Destination (or adding extra segment)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold, Hyatt Platinum

I was wondering if you experts might have an idea on the best way to change the final destination or, essentially, add an extra segment on a Biz (I) class ticket.

My current itinerary is as follows:

ARN-LHR
LHR-HKG

but my desired itinerary is as follows:

ARN-LHR
LHR-HKG
(Stopover)
HKG-ICN

(If I were to ticket anew, this second itinerary is only marginally more expensive than the first itinerary)

The rebooking fee is 1500 SEK (~170USD). The cancellation fee is 3000 SEK (~340USD).

A new one way BIZ ticket from HKG TO ICN is >500 USD.

But as I understand it, re-booking allows for only date/time changes. Thus, it seems that I have only two options:

(i) Cancel by paying ~340 USD. And re-ticket the second itinerary.

(ii) Buy an independent ticket for >500 USD.

Am I missing a third option?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:01 am

Have you considered using Avios to get the HKG-ICN ticket? Might be less out of pocket that way.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold, Hyatt Platinum
That is a good suggestion but, unfortunately, there is limited redemption availiabilty on Asiamiles.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
have you tried asking your agent/CX ticketing re your upsell options?

i have been quoted some minimal fares for rerouting before...
Originally Posted by klp2332
I was wondering if you experts might have an idea on the best way to change the final destination or, essentially, add an extra segment on a Biz (I) class ticket.

My current itinerary is as follows:

ARN-LHR
LHR-HKG

but my desired itinerary is as follows:

ARN-LHR
LHR-HKG
(Stopover)
HKG-ICN

(If I were to ticket anew, this second itinerary is only marginally more expensive than the first itinerary)

The rebooking fee is 1500 SEK (~170USD). The cancellation fee is 3000 SEK (~340USD).

A new one way BIZ ticket from HKG TO ICN is >500 USD.

But as I understand it, re-booking allows for only date/time changes. Thus, it seems that I have only two options:

(i) Cancel by paying ~340 USD. And re-ticket the second itinerary.

(ii) Buy an independent ticket for >500 USD.

Am I missing a third option?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: QF WP
It's worth asking CX the options, as sometimes the fees aren't very much, but it depends on the booking class and the actual rules that apply (different point of origins have different rules).

My only experience was that I wanted to re-route my final stop from TPE to KHH instead - they wanted to reticket at a crazy cost so I took the THSR instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.