Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greetings on CX/KA

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 7:29 am

FA in-flight greeting - specific MP statuses only?

I was flying PEN - HKG in KA Y, and HKG - TPT (in CX J) today (MP Gold), and was pleasantly surprised to have FAs stop at my seat and greet me a chirpy "welcome on board". On both flights. Mere coincidence?

I wonder if this 'in flight greeting' is only reserved for specific tiers, say Gold and Diamond only?

Today was the 2nd time I flew in Gold since hitting GO status earlier in the quarter. In all my years of flying CX in Silver, I never once had a FA stop in-flight, greet me by name and welcome me on-board...
Old May 30, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
My experience... Personal greeting for DM / GO / SL should be 100%, around 67%, around 20%
Old May 30, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
I have been greeted a few times as they were trying to confirm my SPML.
Yes, I am a lowly GR.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:18 am

I've had a 100% hit rate as a QF OWE on CX flights either in J or whY
Old May 30, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
In my humble experience, greetings for SL are not frequent. Had only been greeted on 3 flights in my current year as SL: once proactive, once with an ISM whom I flown with before and the final occurrence with an ISM whose greeting was to check out my very cute t-shirt.

Beginning my first year on GO 1st June, let's see if this is going to be more consistent.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
These greeting yes or nos are probably worth a wiki :P
Once I was flying in PEY, as OWS I got (very warm) greeting from FP but no bottled water after takeoff, but saw that an MPC D got greeting from another FP with the symbolic 'big plastic bag' before pushback. He was not greeted by ISM/SP however...
Old May 30, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I was always under the impression the crew for that cabin would only select the *top* one, two or three elite flyers in the cabin and greet them (mostly just for the sake). So you may be Go, but if there are DMs around, they would *ignore* you in that cabin.

As SL, I would only be greeted by the FP when in Y. I was invisible whenever I flew PEY and up. As GO, it depends whether there is a DM around, as mentioned above.
Old May 30, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
In the dozen or so J flights I've taken on CX in the past few months as a OWE (BA), I've had an in-flight greeting probably 75% of the time.

The handful of Y flights got nothing.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
I was flying in HKG-KUL-HKG, deep in the coach cabin. No status with CX but OWE. Greeted both times at my seat prior to departure.

Very nice gesture indeed.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by AmD950
I have been greeted a few times as they were trying to confirm my SPML.
Yes, I am a lowly GR.
You may not even need to be an AM member for that
Old May 30, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I'm almost always greeted as DM save for the one or two flights where everyone is DM (literally).

GO was sometimes. SL I was greeted flying SEA routes with less Elites.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
These greeting yes or nos are probably worth a wiki :P
Once I was flying in PEY, as OWS I got (very warm) greeting from FP but no bottled water after takeoff, but saw that an MPC D got greeting from another FP with the symbolic 'big plastic bag' before pushback. He was not greeted by ISM/SP however...
I think this may be the policy. On my flight from SIN,as it usually stands I was in the last row,the lady exactly in front of me got the greeting,but was not offered a bottle,3 seconds afterwards the same SP greeted me and offered some water from the plastic bag. Probably the lady in front of me was GO/SAPPHIRE.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm OWE with BA, out of 6 flights on CX in F, J and Y these past few months I got a 100% welcome on board rate + a bottle of water.

It makes a nice difference, I connected from a BA Y flight to a CX Y flight and went from being ignored to a valued customer. I now bump CX up my list when looking at premium fares.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
My wife and I are both BA OWS.

On recent longhauls from Europe-HK or HK-Europe:

In Y - greeted 2 out of 2 flights, and meal served personally, also saw the crews had written all status pax seats on a post-it and I was marked as GO - dunno if this is just shorthand or whether they knew I'm not MPC

In PEY - greeted 1 out of 4 flights. Was flying with my wife on one of these four - she was greeted and I wasn't (and wife was in A and me in C, so the ISM had to lean over me!!)
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: BA (G), SK (S), KL
I asked the FA's once and they told me that its:

Always Greet: OWE, MPC Diamond and Gold
Greet When Elite Pax. are light: OWS, MPC Silver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.