Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX to offer Amex Centurion Cardholders from Certain Countries MPC Diamond status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX to offer Amex Centurion Cardholders from Certain Countries MPC Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd
when was the last time anyone wrote to CX and things changed for better? good effort, agreed, but unfortunately you may be wasting your time...
Not really. I have worked with many company and I am surprise to hear they do take these inputs and compute them (i.e., how many people are complaining about the same thing over and over), and especially from people with "status."

So yes, if it's only a bunch of GRs screaming they are not likely to listen, but if enough DM and GO write to them, you will be surprise how that will be part of the decision process for something similar being proposed in the future.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
As a pretty low spending UK Centurion, I got the invitation today.
I got the pack and invitation today.

Enrol today and you'll benefit from one year's Diamond membership of Cathay Pacific's renowned loyalty programme, The Marco Polo Club.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:11 am

Programs: *, 1W
Hello everbody,

According to AE, this is the deal:

1. All HK Centurion-Card holders (not sure abt. the UK, sorry) get the offer, this is not related to turnover and/or bookings made through the travel service
2. Only basic/principal cardholders, no supplementary ones
3. This offer is not applicable to Platinum card members
4. Membership to be valid for 1 year
5. Renewal after 1 year based on actual miles flown
6. Promo letters will be sent out in badges until July 2011

That's what they told me...

Being a MPC silver-card holder (mostly flying *A), I do of course appreciate the offer, but I do understand that the guys who have actually "earned" it proper (i.e. fly 120K annually) are not too happy.
Old May 8, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz
Originally Posted by fakecd
when was the last time anyone wrote to CX and things changed for better? good effort, agreed, but unfortunately you may be wasting your time...
Writting to express disatisfaction or satisfaction is important and companies like Cathay who hand over customers survey in many flights surely pay attention to the opinion of their most frequent flyer customers!
Old May 8, 2011, 10:59 am

I received the application form and sent it back.

Good job CX!
Old May 8, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I am really amazed by the sheer # of people that have received this offer from CX!
Old May 9, 2011, 2:10 am

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I am really amazed by the sheer # of people that have received this offer from CX!
As I explained to CX, this could be the wrong marketing strategy.
To reach an "exclusive group", which of course is a legitimate target in business , Cathay makes its own exclusive group much less exclusive.
I think this could back fire.
Old May 9, 2011, 4:07 am

Programs: CX DM
For those interested, I've scanned the invite at http://tinyurl.com/4yzd787. There was an app form as well but it's filled in and will be mailed once I've found a long haul trip worth taking with a DM status

The "packaging" was nothing special - the CX DM membership didn't really come across as particularly exclusive or fancy; it was just like any other direct mail offer you get in the mail like for a new credit card or 5,000 bonus miles to subscribe to the Economist.

Other than the fact that it was sent to the primary cardholder, nothing in the brochure / app form says a supplementary cardholder can't apply, they probably already can if you just fill out the form with the supplementary cardholder info. I strongly suspect supplementary cardholders will be targeted next if the response is decent - especially when you consider that Centurion benefits have historically been identical for both primary and supplementary cardholders.
Old May 9, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by marcuslai
Other than the fact that it was sent to the primary cardholder, nothing in the brochure / app form says a supplementary cardholder can't apply, they probably already can if you just fill out the form with the supplementary cardholder info. I strongly suspect supplementary cardholders will be targeted next if the response is decent - especially when you consider that Centurion benefits have historically been identical for both primary and supplementary cardholders.
In the English version of the invitation, which I've seen because two people in my office have received it, it is clear that the offer is for the basic cardholder only.
Old May 9, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by midlevels
it is clear that the offer is for the basic cardholder only.
hmm that does suck because i do not travel together with my partner. i can understand where the main did with the 2 supp cardholders then it really doesn't matter since 2 (?) guests can be invited.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:01 am
H99

Programs: centurion
I got the offer in the UK. I would assume, based on experience with Amex, that they and Cathay will monitot it for the initial year and (if its judged a sucess) will extend on a selective or universal basis
Old May 10, 2011, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by midlevels
In the English version of the invitation, which I've seen because two people in my office have received it, it is clear that the offer is for the basic cardholder only.
Correct.... I called Centurion on giving my wife one and they told me it's only for myself, which I told them that they could of told me earlier and I didn't have to do it the hard way...
Old May 10, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Correct.... I called Centurion on giving my wife one and they told me it's only for myself, which I told them that they could of told me earlier and I didn't have to do it the hard way...
The hard way is not THAT bad, it's not like flying 210K miles on AA
Old May 10, 2011, 8:32 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
The hard way is not THAT bad, it's not like flying 210K miles on AA
Well 210K miles on AA vs 210K miles on CX longhaul Y seat. I am not sure which one is worse
Old May 10, 2011, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Well 210K miles on AA vs 210K miles on CX longhaul Y seat. I am not sure which one is worse
210k miles on AA could be achieved without ever having been in an airplane. 210k BIS miles for AA would be way worse than BIS miles for CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.