Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX to offer Amex Centurion Cardholders from Certain Countries MPC Diamond status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX to offer Amex Centurion Cardholders from Certain Countries MPC Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 1:34 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
What did you mean by Platinum mpc?

Even to Amex Plats? That would be a lot! Not only would that dilute Diamond, it would also dilute Centurion.

What is Platinum mpc?
Probably meant MPC Diamond?
Old May 4, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP CXDM, Bonvoy Gold, WOH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Amex Cent
A family member received a package today from American Express (Hong Kong) offering one year's Diamond Membership. There is a form attached which has to be returned to American Express to upgrade an existing Asia Miles/Marco Polo membership.

It says it can take up to 6 weeks for the application to be processed.
Old May 4, 2011, 5:02 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

Originally Posted by jetsetter1k
A family member received a package today from American Express (Hong Kong) offering one year's Diamond Membership. There is a form attached which has to be returned to American Express to upgrade an existing Asia Miles/Marco Polo membership.

Wonder will the Centurion Diamonds get soft landings...if yes then they get status for three years! Sweet!
Old May 4, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
My dad just got his letter from Amex, he doesn't know what to do with since he's already DM.

I trying to figure out though how much more you'd have to spend to get DM+ if one already flies only F longhaul for 120k miles a year... grant it some of the flights might be on OW carriers for round the world tickets.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, ROP Gold, CX Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I received the invitation from Amex HK this morning. Do not know what to do with it too since I am already a DM.

Now I have some doubts on whether this is a targeted promotion for skyhigh spending Centurion members only. My annual spending on the black card is really not very high to warrant an invitation I suppose. I hardly buy CX/KA tickets with the black card too, I usually credit them to Amex CX card for the miles
Old May 4, 2011, 10:47 pm

So it is 1 years worth of membership ^^ anyone who flies for work and then is grounded for over a year knows how fast that year passes when you know you can't renew your DM status and the fear of an influx of DM members won't happen...
Old May 4, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz

Very sad to learn that Marco Polo Diamond status has finally been discounted, downgraded, given away for free or whatever is the right term.
Very sad and wrong marketing decision in my opinion.
Being faithful definitely does not seem to pay.....
Old May 4, 2011, 11:58 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Grichka
Being faithful definitely does not seem to pay.....
So George Clooney (Ryan Bingham) is wrong (boohooohoohoohooo gonna wallow now)

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_s...ranscript.html

"Vera Farmiga: We're two people who get turned on by elite status. I think cheap is our starting point.

Clooney: There's nothing cheap about loyalty."
Old May 5, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
I sent this letter (by post) to MPC today:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please feel free to reuse some of the sentiments if you write one of your own, but I request nobody copies it word-for-word.

The purpose of my posting this is that I hope that others will also join in and write to MPC too so we can collectively express our feelings about this.
Old May 5, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Bravo, midlevels! ^

I have nothing of value to add, I'm afraid...
Old May 5, 2011, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by midlevels
I sent this letter (by post) to MPC today:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please feel free to reuse some of the sentiments if you write one of your own, but I request nobody copies it word-for-word.

The purpose of my posting this is that I hope that others will also join in and write to MPC too so we can collectively express our feelings about this.

I will send a letter as well, fully agree with opinion expressed in yours.
Old May 6, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Dilution of Diamond

Given the anecdotal posts (and new thread) over the last few days, I'd say it seems that DM is likely being diluted with this offer.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:05 am

As a pretty low spending UK Centurion, I got the invitation today.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Given the anecdotal posts (and new thread) over the last few days, I'd say it seems that DM is likely being diluted with this offer.
Diluted it is!!!!!!! Even more than I thought at the beginning.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
when was the last time anyone wrote to CX and things changed for better? good effort, agreed, but unfortunately you may be wasting your time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.