Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question re PER to HKG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver, SAS Eurobonus
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Hello, I am travelling from Perth to Hong Kong in November on an A330 and then back on an A340 - is there any way I can tell if these planes will have the new economy seats? Thanks Martin
Old Aug 20, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
You're pretty much assured that your A330 flight will be new economy, as that's the type of aircraft which CX operate almost exclusively on Australian routes. If your flight is showing 33B this denotes the new configuration aircraft, although as always, there is no guarantee as there can always be last minute aircraft substitutions.

As for the A340 flight, if your flight is showing 34B then that reflects the new configuration aircraft. Note that CX have only in the past week or so announced that they are withdrawing some of their A340s from service due to the downturn in travel, so it's quite possible that they will substitute an A330 to operate this flight.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver, SAS Eurobonus
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I am thinking about flying PER-HKG in Biz. Since I am not a Oneworld expert, would either Cathay or Qantas be preferable in terms of seats and service in Business Class?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by connex2me
Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I am thinking about flying PER-HKG in Biz. Since I am not a Oneworld expert, would either Cathay or Qantas be preferable in terms of seats and service in Business Class?
CX service and seat is much better IMO for PER-HKG. The Qantas planes are quite old on the PER-HKG leg, least last time I remember. You will certainly have all rounded better flight with CX - Food, service etc...

Also CX have better schedule/frequency: 10x weekly in Aus Summer, daily in Aus Winter. There is choice for overnight and daytime departures. I believe QF only has 3 or 4x weekly, so not much frequency.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by CX828
CX service and seat is much better IMO for PER-HKG. The Qantas planes are quite old on the PER-HKG leg, least last time I remember. You will certainly have all rounded better flight with CX - Food, service etc...
Also CX have better schedule/frequency: 10x weekly in Aus Summer, daily in Aus Winter. There is choice for overnight and daytime departures. I believe QF only has 3 or 4x weekly, so not much frequency.
The CX biz seats are still the herringbone coffins. OTOH if you are traveling alone and your shoulders are not too wide, they would be acceptable.

At the moment the CX schedule is far better. Seems the QF A33x is shared with the HKG-BNE service so QF is 3x weekly.

It is possible to connect with the PER(QF)-SIN(CX)-HKG service. Not certain about the ticketing exPER though. Normally available exHKG.

Happy wandering

Fred

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.