Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How Do YOU Feel About The New Seats/In-Flight Entertaiment On Cathay Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Do YOU Feel About The New Seats/In-Flight Entertaiment On Cathay Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
I find the new seats and entertainment excellent.

Are all B747s now configured with the new seats? I am flying HKG-AMS on 06/04 (Monday) and would like to know whether I have any risk of flying with the old aircraft.

Tks,
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Originally Posted by hardiwv
I find the new seats and entertainment excellent.

Are all B747s now configured with the new seats? I am flying HKG-AMS on 06/04 (Monday) and would like to know whether I have any risk of flying with the old aircraft.

Tks,
There is still no news of B-HOP heading in for retrofit yet. The last flight log it was logged for was for a CX254 on April 1st though...
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Wink

Last edited by sealalula; Apr 6, 2009 at 3:55 am
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:46 am

Honestly, having tried three similar business class hardware (CX, AC, and NZ),

CX is the worst of all. In sleeping, I am fine with all of the three, but for upright position, CX has the most uncomfortable fit. It seems to have very narrow gaps between seat partitions compared to AC and NZ. My shoulders are broad but not that broad like WWF wrestlers nor I am big. But I felt a bit claustrophobic in CX seats (sat in both upstairs and first row downstairs).

Other than that, CX has best IFE of the three (although NZ's gate to gate AVOD gets closer to it) - biggest screen and lots of programs available.

Can't comment on F or Y since I have never flown CX F or Y.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by brahms77
Honestly, having tried three similar business class hardware (CX, AC, and NZ),

CX is the worst of all. In sleeping, I am fine with all of the three, but for upright position, CX has the most uncomfortable fit. It seems to have very narrow gaps between seat partitions compared to AC and NZ. My shoulders are broad but not that broad like WWF wrestlers nor I am big. But I felt a bit claustrophobic in CX seats (sat in both upstairs and first row downstairs).

Other than that, CX has best IFE of the three (although NZ's gate to gate AVOD gets closer to it) - biggest screen and lots of programs available.

Can't comment on F or Y since I have never flown CX F or Y.
im shocked to see that CX new business class isnt that comfortable , for the seats

Last edited by sealalula; Apr 7, 2009 at 2:19 am
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
ummm i think the poster just said that he's never tried Y class on CX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.