Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class as a treat!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Business class as a treat!

We are travelling on honeymoon in May and have decided to treat ourselves to business class.

Looks like we will be flying as follows:
CX254 LHR-HKG (19 May)
CX251 HKG-LHR (5 June)

I know there are two styles of business class - an old version and a newer. Any idea which version we can expect on these flights.

Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
The newer. This exact question addressed in a contemporaneous thread here.

Whether you want the newer seats as honeymooners is another story. You'll be well separated owing to seat design and cabin layout.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Agree, you might want to try QF or BA which are much better for couples. Trust me the new J seats are no treat!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Agreed - as a honeymooning couple you absolutely do NOT want to be travelling in CX new business. Trust us all on this.

Get on BA or QF, either of which will allow you to talk to each other during the flight, hold hands or whatever, and even look out of the window. None of which is possible on CX.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: QF WP/LTS
Originally Posted by christep
Agreed - as a honeymooning couple you absolutely do NOT want to be travelling in CX new business. Trust us all on this.
However if you do end up on the new CX product, slipping into the new F bathrooms would certainly be spacious enough for anything honeymooners may wish to do.

On a serious note, I did BKK-CDG on CX in F for my honeymoon. Crew were great, esp on long haul, and I still have a "gifted" bottle of Krug in the cellar which will probably be opened to celebrate the arrival of Jnr Asiaflyer in a few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.