Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Best credit card coversion rate to Asiamiles in 2009? (For FTers based in HK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best credit card coversion rate to Asiamiles in 2009? (For FTers based in HK)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
Well, I hope I can get the card before the end of the Festive Season. Assuming I submit everything by next Monday (9th Jan), if it takes them 3 weeks to process, I can only get it on 30th Jan. Still in time for the Broadway/Mannings 15x (25x) Offers.

300 Reward Cash - Welcome Offers
200 Reward Cash - spending $3,500
Total 500 Reward Cash = 7,500 miles.

Not bad after all
youdont have *any* HSBC card?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:26 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kaka
oh btw, is it for *any* platinum grade HSBC card? (Premier MC, Advanced Visa, Platinum whatever, Green Visa)
Should be in theory:

http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...p?id=6240&p=13 (丹尼爾回應於2011-12-19 11:46:12)
http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...p?id=6240&p=15 (Steven Almighty回應於2011-12-20 15:14:24)

I'm trying to find someone in hongkongcard.com or someone I know to confirm this works in practice.

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 5, 2012 at 10:46 am
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:28 am

he does
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...d-hk-3.html#38
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...k-72.html#1078

Not sure if Platinum tho.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
I do have a Platinum Visa as percysmith has correctly identified ^

That's why the maximum Reward Cash I would get if I apply for the CUP card will only be 300, instead of 500.

The other 200 is by spending $3,500 in Broadway/Mannings to take advantage of the 15x/25x maximum Reward Cash that I could obtain.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by percysmith
Extended to 5 Feb 11 http://www.hsbc.com.hk/1/2/special/cards/prom218.

Same merchants + Ikea + Jusco

Need to re-register, but the multiplier this time can be higher than 15X ($1.11/mile). Can be as high as 50X ($0.33/mile), and I got 40X ($0.417/mile)!
So endded finally registering now and got my 20x multiplier ($0.833/mile(. I wonder if this is purely random or depends on how frequently you use/don't use the credit cards amongst other factors. BTW since no one mentioned the single transaction for THIS promotion is revert to $400, NOT 500.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd
So endded finally registering now and got my 20x multiplier ($0.833/mile(. I wonder if this is purely random or depends on how frequently you use/don't use the credit cards amongst other factors. BTW since no one mentioned the single transaction for THIS promotion is revert to $400, NOT 500.
Thanks Connecta, I updated my post. I keep forgetting this rule, I asked my girlfriend to register my $70 slip from Triple O's in New Town Plaza when I was coldly reminded of the $400 rule.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:00 pm

$125/50/25 spending per DBS$ promotion ($7.5/3/1.5 per mile) to 15 March

http://hk.dbs.com/en/consumer/credit...monthlyPromo11

But sadly, no Black Cards eligible for this. I cut up my Plainum Visa already to churn it.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:00 pm

Bought some books at Page One in Times Square during the last day of the holiday (2nd Jan) and also did some shopping. Not bad, earned myself around 100 Reward Cash...that's half of the maximum entitlement every week (200 Reward Cash max)

To think that I nearly canceled the card back in Aug 2011 before they had the 5x Bonus Promo!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
http://hk.dbs.com/en/consumer/credit...monthlyPromo11

But sadly, no Black Cards eligible for this. I cut up my Plainum Visa already to churn it.
Slightly....only slightly more attractive than the SCB Plat Visa (2x on Dining). Unless of course I am lucky enough to get the more attractive conversion rate.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
To think that I nearly canceled the card back in Aug 2011 before they had the 5x Bonus Promo!
Precisely! HSBC card was collecting dust until the 5x EXTRA bonus promo. Only downside, 100k HKD limit for that promotion which I'm fast approaching...
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:00 am
Suspended

Precisely! HSBC card was collecting dust until the 5x EXTRA bonus promo. Only downside, 100k HKD limit for that promotion which I'm fast approaching...
i only started 2 mths before u guys (for the 40x mannings coupon n citysuper)
i really think HSBC is now running a massive fightback since other banks have been pushing for crazy promos for the last few years
I'm now using HSBC a lot more - tho dining will go to HKBEA for this coming month. W brunch tmr and i'll SO get the bill (or i'll be massively annoyed for all the missing hotel points + miles!)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Overheard that booking made thru CX e-service center with payment made by CX AE would be eligible for double bonus AM (HKD$8=1AM). Does anyone have your CX AMEX credited for extra bonus miles when you booked with e-service center?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Sohoboy
Overheard that booking made thru CX e-service center with payment made by CX AE would be eligible for double bonus AM (HKD$8=1AM). Does anyone have your CX AMEX credited for extra bonus miles when you booked with e-service center?
yes you do in thoery (thus HKD$4=1AM net earn ratio). However e-service will only follow up on the interenet booking so you need to make excuse like "internet browser doesn't allow me to proceed to final payment but I see fare to be $xxxx and I want to buy it via you guys"....

they will outright refuse your call if you ask for quotes, you need to explain you had DIFFICULITY with internet booking before they help you.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:19 pm
Suspended

yes you do in thoery (thus HKD$4=1AM net earn ratio). However e-service will only follow up on the interenet booking so you need to make excuse like "internet browser doesn't allow me to proceed to final payment but I see fare to be $xxxx and I want to buy it via you guys"....

they will outright refuse your call if you ask for quotes, you need to explain you had DIFFICULITY with internet booking before they help you.
yes and if you have chosen lifestyle as your selected category(for HSBC), any HKD purchases in CX HK will get you 5x bonus.

PS. sorry guys i wanted to start off a new thread for 2012 but i've been too lazy to do so... so lets get stay put here - unless i can pull sth off during the CNY break
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: CXAM BAEC

Perfect answer. Thanks ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.