Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interline baggage from AZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Interline baggage from AZ

I have a co-worker that is travelling from LIN to FCO on AZ and then connecting on the CX flight (FCO-HKG). Does anyone know if the baggage would be interlined from AZ to CX? I've done a search and can't find anything on this. Many thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 3:14 am
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
there is usually no problem, whether you travel Alitalia or Airone. Situation can change if you have excess baggage,if your colleague has a OW or CX FFP it will be proposed to send baggages to FCO and then recheck-in through Cathay rather than pay to send all the way to HK.
According to AP ground personnel in Venice, it seems they have some kind of agreement with Cathay regarding excess baggage, i paid a relatively low sum and had the baggages sent straight to destination.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
With baggage sometimes going missing at the infamous airports, I would suggest checking to FCO only and then re-checking it from there to HKG.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.