Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

UOB "Inifinte" VISA Black Card - Best Asia Miles for VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UOB "Inifinte" VISA Black Card - Best Asia Miles for VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:10 pm

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
unless someone who is not residing in HKG and therefore only has oversea spendings
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
HK resident?

I think if you have some foreign currency or HKD fix deposit in the bank, you could get the card. It all depends on the "relationship amount" with the bank.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by bchl
unless someone who is not residing in HKG and therefore only has oversea spendings
Application says you need to be HK resident!

They will want a copy of your HKID and the form also needs to be signed by your HR confirming how much you earn in HK.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 8:07 pm

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
well, would they say no if I would inject millions of HKD or equivalent foreign currency into their bank?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
60,000 AMs

Yes, it is 60,000 AM if you pay for the HK$6380 annual fee. It is still worth the money if you are short of AMs and want a top up. Or else, you could choose not to pay without the AMs.

With all the detailed benefits that "theworld" mentioned, NOT forgetting the free breaskfast buffet x 2 in 4 Seasons and Langham Hotel (in 2008)....... I still think that this card is goooood.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Just confirmed with the UOB credit card that the $6 --> 1 AM promo will end this year. So try hard to spend in the X'mas buying spree.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:02 pm

Just wondering if there would be earned credits/points from the HKD6 K annual fee paid in 2008?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo
Guys, what you all don't know about the UOB card is that:

Once a year they have a special promo where you can buy 500000 asiamiles for HK$50K. That pretty much can finance a few comfy business class tickets for penuts. THis is what makes the card worth it.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Yeeh. I just forget to mention this important "AMs purchase Program" they have. This is really worth the money. Even after the AMs increase the business redmeption miles.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:12 pm

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by Globalman

Once a year they have a special promo where you can buy 500000 asiamiles for HK$50K. That pretty much can finance a few comfy business class tickets for penuts. THis is what makes the card worth it.
Is this listed as one of the benefits of the card or was this simply a promo in the past which may or may not happen in the future?

In terms of my cards, I use the following:

Stanchart Amex - for 1st 120k obtaining HKD3 to 1 asiamile
DBS Amex - HKD6 to 1 asiamile
DBS Plat - HKD4 to 1 asiamile for local dining or overseas
BEA Plat Visa - HKD8 to 1 asiamile (for places that don't accept Amex)

The BEA platinum recently sent a targeted promo, get up to 50,000 points for paying tax with your credit card (worth 6,250 asiamiles).
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:17 pm

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Yeah i guess the big thing is to somehow get a guarantee that there will be a mile conversion scheme in 2008.. or else for me, there's little incentive in getting this card.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:19 pm

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Originally Posted by Gambler
Is this listed as one of the benefits of the card or was this simply a promo in the past which may or may not happen in the future?

In terms of my cards, I use the following:

Stanchart Amex - for 1st 120k obtaining HKD3 to 1 asiamile
DBS Amex - HKD6 to 1 asiamile
DBS Plat - HKD4 to 1 asiamile for local dining or overseas
BEA Plat Visa - HKD8 to 1 asiamile (for places that don't accept Amex)

The BEA platinum recently sent a targeted promo, get up to 50,000 points for paying tax with your credit card (worth 6,250 asiamiles).
Gambler,

That's pretty much what I'm doing too.. Haven't thought of a better arrangement! Except my $8 to 1 is with Dah Sing's ANA Platinum..
Old Dec 2, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium

I will apply for this card just to take advantage of this purchase scheme! sounds like a steal...
Old Dec 3, 2007, 4:55 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo
Originally Posted by Gambler
Well they have it usually once a year, but its not written in stone. They've had it in past years including 2007, but when you ask them about it they stay tight lipped about it. You'll find out about it when your personal account manager rings you to tell you about it at some stage in the middle of the year.

The best part is once you have cheap miles, its actually easier to get seats in first class for regular travel. I mean 180k in miles cost HK$18k.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

Is that an "one time" offer each year for every cardholder? Which month is this promotion launched each year? Is it only restricted only on purchasing 500K miles at HKD 50K? Is it ok to purchase 200K miles at HKD 20K,less or more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.