Search

744 J Class Upper Deck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2004, 7:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold MPO
744 J Class Upper Deck

Just want to know does 86HK have flip up PTVs or they are mounted on the seat back of 83 HK?

If they are mounted on 83HK is the distant too far away to see it clearly?

I remember I travelled on 86AC before and the flip up PTV was GREAT and I can adjust it to any angle I want.

Also I had a long discussion with the FA who just sit opposite me (on the jump seat)
Old Aug 22, 2004, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by newcx12345
Just want to know does 86HK have flip up PTVs or they are mounted on the seat back of 83 HK?

If they are mounted on 83HK is the distant too far away to see it clearly?

I remember I travelled on 86AC before and the flip up PTV was GREAT and I can adjust it to any angle I want.

Also I had a long discussion with the FA who just sit opposite me (on the jump seat)

They are mounted on the seat backs of 83H and K. For me, the distance has not been a problem at all and I could see the screen just fine.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 8:53 am

For 86 HK, the screen is mounted to the back of 83HK. You can see it just fine. There is a much smaller gap than on the A&B site, for the lack of the jump seats. You can still converse with the FAs form 86H easilly enough. The only thing I hate about the UD aisle, is the floor seems to 'flex' everytime someone walks back to the loo. On my last transpac, the guy must have gone to the bathroom every 45 minutes for the whole flight. About 6 hours into the flight, I could no sleep, even with taking two valium. His was a larger guy and I am sure it was not intentional but I was ready to take his life just so I could get some zzzzzz....
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

86A has the armrest-mounted PTV. I much prefer this to the 'K' side because the screen is much easier to see.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 11:58 am

Programs: CX DM
i took this fisheye photo from 86A .. i think u can see the difference between having a flip-up PTV versus a seat-mount one in H/K moderately clearly in this shot.

the latter is the same size but at least 20-30 inches further.

Last edited by marcuslai; Sep 29, 2004 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 22, 2004, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice shot!
Old Aug 23, 2004, 3:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I agree. 86 AC is better than HK. It seems there is slightly more room as well. But overall Row 86 is good
Old Aug 30, 2004, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Japhydog
Nice shot!
thx. i've given up on trying to take pics covertly in a front cabin -- it's just impossible to get decent shots without camera shake using digitoys. the positively enormous nikon dslr i used for that shot only needed an exposure time of ~ 1/20 seconds.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:55 am

great shot. my gosh it really is a metal tube, isn't it?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marcuslai
thx. i've given up on trying to take pics covertly in a front cabin -- it's just impossible to get decent shots without camera shake using digitoys. the positively enormous nikon dslr i used for that shot only needed an exposure time of ~ 1/20 seconds.
Sorry to hijack the post slightly OT, but which Nikon are you using? D1?
Old Sep 1, 2004, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Plat
Couple of questions regarding CX upper deck J. I'm assuming that given the smaller overhead compartments that they will store carry-on rollaways in the closet? Do the non-exit row window seats have the storage compartments? Does CX employ the FEBO meal service, or do they always start in front or the back? Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steelesm
Couple of questions regarding CX upper deck J. I'm assuming that given the smaller overhead compartments that they will store carry-on rollaways in the closet? Do the non-exit row window seats have the storage compartments? Does CX employ the FEBO meal service, or do they always start in front or the back? Thanks.

CX have revised the storage policy earlier this year. meaning that UPPER DECK pax cannot use the closet (near the Galley) anymore.

All the overhead lockers have being revamped and they are much bigger than the old ones. They are similar to the New BA Upper Deck Lockers. you can fit a rollway trolley case up there. But anything larger, you will need to use the closet in the lower deck.
Generally the design of the NBC does not really allow passengers to put luggage in front of them (as the seat does reclien down to the floor.

"Do the non-exit row window seats have the storage compartments?"

What do you mean by that??

All Window seats have side compartments Including the exit row (but less)
Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by steelesm
Do the non-exit row window seats have the storage compartments? Does CX employ the FEBO meal service, or do they always start in front or the back? Thanks.
all window seats have storage compartments. but some can be at awkward positions -- u cant really be sure which seat it belongs to, i guess first come first served

i've never seen a meal service done other than from the front first on the UD. come to think of it, the same goes for towels, amenity packs, menus, ... hth !

Last edited by marcuslai; Sep 1, 2004 at 10:13 am
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:09 am

post deleted

Last edited by marcuslai; Sep 29, 2004 at 9:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.