Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

[Query] How fast are CX status points credited?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Query] How fast are CX status points credited?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Lightbulb [Query] How fast are CX status points credited?

Hi guys!

Just wondering how many days it takes CX to credit its members with status points, when having travelled on:
a) a CX marketed & operated flight; &
b) a CX marketed but codeshare flight (e.g. CX9035 / QF505)?

Also, if retrospectively claiming status points for the above (whether CX operated or not), how many days approx does it usually take?

Thanks guys!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by pf007
Hi guys!

Just wondering how many days it takes CX to credit its members with status points, when having travelled on:
a) a CX marketed & operated flight; &
b) a CX marketed but codeshare flight (e.g. CX9035 / QF505)?

Also, if retrospectively claiming status points for the above (whether CX operated or not), how many days approx does it usually take?

Thanks guys!
Usually been within 36 hours on both A and B for me
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:53 pm

Programs: CX DM
a. From my experience, it will be credited the next business day at 6pm Hong Kong time.
b. Depends on the code sharing operator.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Thanks for the insight guys!

Also, after attaining sufficient Status Points, how quickly does the status tier update to show the new tier?
Say if you attain sufficient points on a Friday, would they update over the weekend?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: CX DM
Status update will be done the next day after attaining the necessary Status Points
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:01 pm

Continuing on the above, how fast do flights from partner airlines credit?

Flew MH a few days ago, and the points still haven’t credited. I’m flying next week on PY on CX. The points from the MH flight would’ve pushed me to silver.

My worry is that the points from the MH flight and the CX flights will credit all at the same time and it’ll reset before the status upgrade. Is that a possibility?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
It is a possibility.

however, and this is very dated, if that happens, speaking with MPO would typically induce leeway on the next status level/renewal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.