Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Further Route Resumptions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by moondog
What are these "sources" of which you speak?
are you too lazy to google it?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wadia13
are you too lazy to google it?
Yes.

Just 3 or 4 reputable sources with well supported/grounded claims would suffice. Any language is fine. Thanks.
:D! and HarbourGent like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by CX828
Awkward
haha. I wouldn’t bother engaging him in future. He is proven time again to be wrong both in facts and opinions.
:D! likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:17 am

Maybe CX can do a HKG-RUH-BUD flight, which will definitely be interesting. That will make the HK government happy. Even a twice weekly flight will be good.

But seriously they can make HKG-RUH working with Saudi's demand for workers from the Philippines. They can time the flight and make sure that they can get connecting passengers from Cebu and Manila. A twice or thrice weekly flight should be financially viable.

For Budapest, I can't imagine a standalone nonstop to BUD flight will work, but LOT's ICN-BUD flight seems to be doing okay. I noticed plenty of Mainland Chinese business people and tourists visiting the city of Budapest during my few turnaround there, so maybe a twice or thrice weekly flight will work. CX has a good connection network to second-tier Chinese cities. Or CX can tag a stop on on of the former European destinations like Dublin, Dusseldorf, Stockholm, or Copenhagen. They can also do a triangular flight like HKG-BUD-BRU/CPH/DUB/DUS/ARN-HKG so they can do five weekly flights. Another random idea is HKG-IST-BUD flight, and I am sure that they can get some fifth-freedom passengers on IST-BUD segments.

Carfield
moondog likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:48 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
Now we are dreaming. Triangles can require many crew. Surly first most ports need to get back to daily. Having said that I would prefer PRG to BUD, and it could be tagged or triangled with other candidates such as MUC, LIS, ROM or ATH. Dream on.
Carfield, gwang0618 and wadia13 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: CX Gold
The fact that Riyadh is ahead of
EWR
DFW
SEA
Restoring pre covid capacity to Shanghai and mainland China!
Growing India which every other airline is massively expanding in SQ/QR/MH

CX has really fallen.
And with no widebody delivery slots for 6 years and the 777x just replacing the 777 ER.

HK really needs another airline group to enter as CX seems to be hell bent on becoming a boutique airline like Virgin Atlantic.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by NZflyer777
The fact that Riyadh is ahead of
EWR
DFW
SEA
Restoring pre covid capacity to Shanghai and mainland China!
Growing India which every other airline is massively expanding in SQ/QR/MH

CX has really fallen.
And with no widebody delivery slots for 6 years and the 777x just replacing the 777 ER.

HK really needs another airline group to enter as CX seems to be hell bent on becoming a boutique airline like Virgin Atlantic.
You do realize that adding more Russia overflights (i.e. NYC and DFW) to the US might not be practically possible, or that even applying could get the DOT to rethink its grandfathering of the current flights, right?
You also know that SEA was a dog the last time you tried it.
You've noticed that it's almost always possible to fly between HK and SH for around $70, and even less competitive routes are sub $150.
Finally, while India routes are a little more fruitful than China routes, the stage lengths are longer, and they aren't really the bread and butter of your network.

But, based on all of these realities, you STILL think that's where your airline should focus its expansion efforts? Amazing
:D!, tth6133 and Reply1984 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Carfield
Maybe CX can do a HKG-RUH-BUD flight, which will definitely be interesting. That will make the HK government happy. Even a twice weekly flight will be good.

But seriously they can make HKG-RUH working with Saudi's demand for workers from the Philippines. They can time the flight and make sure that they can get connecting passengers from Cebu and Manila. A twice or thrice weekly flight should be financially viable.

For Budapest, I can't imagine a standalone nonstop to BUD flight will work, but LOT's ICN-BUD flight seems to be doing okay. I noticed plenty of Mainland Chinese business people and tourists visiting the city of Budapest during my few turnaround there, so maybe a twice or thrice weekly flight will work. CX has a good connection network to second-tier Chinese cities. Or CX can tag a stop on on of the former European destinations like Dublin, Dusseldorf, Stockholm, or Copenhagen. They can also do a triangular flight like HKG-BUD-BRU/CPH/DUB/DUS/ARN-HKG so they can do five weekly flights. Another random idea is HKG-IST-BUD flight, and I am sure that they can get some fifth-freedom passengers on IST-BUD segments.

Carfield
HKG-BUD-LIS could make sense.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
Moreover, I believe that there're a lot more mainland Chinese traveling to the Middle East these days, and vice versa. CX is well situated to get some of that traffic.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:10 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Isochronous
The route would make no sense at all. for a myriad of reasons. As other have mentioned triangular routes rarely work.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:14 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Isochronous
The route would make no sense at all. for a myriad of reasons. As other have mentioned triangular routes rarely work.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by oldchinahand
Why not? What makes that a triangle route?
:D! likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:21 pm

I think CX may stay away from Seattle for a while.

I see that Philippine Airlines will launch MNL-SEA this October. Now four airlines will launch new routes between Southeast Asia and Seattle (DL, CI, JX and now PR). I think CX may patiently wait until at least one carrier exits this market.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:15 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by Reply1984
I think CX may stay away from Seattle for a while.

I see that Philippine Airlines will launch MNL-SEA this October. Now four airlines will launch new routes between Southeast Asia and Seattle (DL, CI, JX and now PR). I think CX may patiently wait until at least one carrier exits this market.
lol
Clearly CX is not the preferred choice now and can't compete against the Taiwanese or now even more embarrassing, Phillipines airlines....
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by NZflyer777
lol
Clearly CX is not the preferred choice now and can't compete against the Taiwanese or now even more embarrassing, Phillipines airlines....
What is funny (or illogical) about CX staying away from that market while those other airlines beat themselves up over it?
thomas164 and Reply1984 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.