Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Baggage Name Tags for CX status holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX, IHG

Hi there,

Can't seem to find much information online about this. Wanted to ask if there's a way to change the name that is on my baggage name tag as a SL member. Not a massive fan of having my middle name on there. Would this change further affect future tags/flight bookings too?

Cheers and thanks in advance!
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:31 pm

The given name on my CX account isn't shown on my membership card and bag tags, so what you're asking for is indeed possible from a technical perspective (bag tags probably show a separate "display name" field that is usually but not always a combination of "given name on account" and "family name on account" - no effect on bookings, in the sense that bookings still need to match the given/family names on the account in order to go through). Whether you'll be allowed to might be a slightly different question; there certainly isn't a standardized function for it on the website. Call and find out? If you are allowed, I have a guess that you'll be asked to go through the standard name change process (sending a picture of ID), except you would add an extra little note stating that you want the name displayed on your bag tags to be slightly different.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:07 am

Programs: CX Gold
I became Gold last December, I still haven't received my new luggage tags.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by chigbungus
Would this change further affect future tags/flight bookings too?
There's a consequence that I forgot about previously (because I don't do award flights all that often): judging by the way my account is arranged, the online interface for booking award tickets requires you to use a "stored profile" that is either yourself or one of your redemption nominees. The "stored profile" for yourself appears to use your account's "display name" field, but the booking process for some reason also requires a match with "given name" and "family name" with an end result of being unable to book award flights online (calling works fine).
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:34 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I tried to ask for some new tags at the Wing lounge a couple of days ago. She didn't even understand my question. Eventually I went online and the whatsapp lady said she would organise them - they didn't come in my renewal.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:17 pm

Messages them in WhatsApp last February. Still haven’t received mine.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 12:22 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Never had any problem receiving tags.
Although my card does not require renewal new tags and card arrive at least every couple of years.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:28 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by boybi
I became Gold last December, I still haven't received my new luggage tags.
I believe you need to put in a request these days.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Ozchinois
I believe you need to put in a request these days.
As I’ve posted above, already made request through WhatsApp last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.