Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay pacific resumes bangkok – singapore sector from june 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:54 am
MPC
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SPG PLT, Accor PLT, IHG PLT AMB, Hyatt DM, HH DM

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/240201-cxjun24bkksin
goodgirl likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
best outcome for ex XXX mileage run. as North Asia to Sin J fares allow hkg-bkk-sin as routing option. Other than that unless you do circular route i see little value
goodgirl and KhemaneyBoy like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Always good to see more fifth freedoms!
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:52 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by fakecd
best outcome for ex XXX mileage run. as North Asia to Sin J fares allow hkg-bkk-sin as routing option. Other than that unless you do circular route i see little value
Additional value to those that want to fly between BKK and SIN in CX / OneWorld.
I have only done the route maybe 5x in 20 years. but nevertheless happy to see CX adding back.
TomYoung and OWF_NYC_SIN like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
Additional value to those that want to fly between BKK and SIN in CX / OneWorld.
I have only done the route maybe 5x in 20 years. but nevertheless happy to see CX adding back.
Can you guys elaborate?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 8:03 pm

Programs: CX Gold, HX FWC
Does the route have demand? Saw half-empty A350s running on the route many times before covid.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:52 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
That is great news for this BKK based OneWorld flyer
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Can you guys elaborate?
if you purchase those 860 USD TPE-SIN P class fare, now you can route it as TPE-HKG-BKK-SIN instead of mere TPE-HKG-SIN and earn additional tier points for same price thus excellent for milege run.

re circular route, say you have business trip to SIn and want to add BKK weekend trip. Now you can do HKG-SIN-BKK-HKG to visit both city.

obviously subject to ticketIng rules etc.
Alawyer, goodgirl, lsquare and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:13 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
That is great news for this BKK based OneWorld flyer
and for SIN based too 🤝
SKT-DK and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if you purchase those 860 USD TPE-SIN P class fare, now you can route it as TPE-HKG-BKK-SIN instead of mere TPE-HKG-SIN and earn additional tier points for same price thus excellent for milege run.

re circular route, say you have business trip to SIn and want to add BKK weekend trip. Now you can do HKG-SIN-BKK-HKG to visit both city.

obviously subject to ticketIng rules etc.
How many TPs in total? Really need to know the math and how often does the $860 pricing show up?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 1:58 am

How many TPs in total? Really need to know the math and how often does the $860 pricing show up?
I accural to QF as "status credit" different to CX TP system but logic is same. the 860 usd just do a TPE-SIN flight withut hk stopover on cx.com search ex-tpe fares and you will find further details. ex nom hkg tickets are generally cheaprr
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:43 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
BKK-SIN flights resume 31st March not June. Trips are bookable now: https://www.cathaypacific.com/flight...singapore.html

Fares ex BKK are not exactly that attractive with Y starting from 11.5k THB and J from 23k THB.

Interestingly, F is available for booking on this segment.
goodgirl likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:43 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Alawyer
BKK-SIN flights resume 31st March not June. Trips are bookable now: https://www.cathaypacific.com/flight...singapore.html

Fares ex BKK are not exactly that attractive with Y starting from 11.5k THB and J from 23k THB.

Interestingly, F is available for booking on this segment.
But given it is operated by an A330, F is not offered - must be a glitch. When trying to select the F fare it spits out a message that ‘you will be offered business class as first class is not available’
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:29 pm

Programs: MPC DM
From the dummy booking I have just tried, using multi-city/stop over on the Cathay website (TPE-BKK-SIN-TPE), it shows up at 155 tier points for this pricing, instead of 120 tier points for straight TPE-SIN return at the same price.
fakecd, goodgirl, cy1978hk and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chater
From the dummy booking I have just tried, using multi-city/stop over on the Cathay website (TPE-BKK-SIN-TPE), it shows up at 155 tier points for this pricing, instead of 120 tier points for straight TPE-SIN return at the same price.
When searching as an RT, I can't seem to find this itinerary. I would love to fit TPE-HKG-BKK-SIN with CX. Sounds fun!

How does that pricing make it a good TP run? It's roughly £4.40/TP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.