Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Should I renew my membership year now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2023, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I would appreciate some advice as to whether or not I should call in to CX to have my membership year reset.

I am currently a Gold member, with 910 Status Points accrued, and my membership year ending in December.

At the beginning of December, I have a trip that will have me accrue an additional 155 Status Points, with no further travel for the rest of the year.

I understand that I have already qualified for a Diamond upgrade (although it has yet to be applied to my account) and 200 Status Points toward next year’s elite renewal. So would the 155 Status Points essentially go to waste if I accrue them in early December before my membership year renews?

Thank you.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: MPC Gold
Yes it will go to waste. Suggest to remove your frequent flyer number from the December booking and then wait for your status to officially be diamond and then claim the mileage/status points.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks I really appreciate the advice. When do you think the Diamond status will post based on the promotion?
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Leopardz
I understand that I have already qualified for a Diamond upgrade (although it has yet to be applied to my account) and 200 Status Points toward next year’s elite renewal. So would the 155 Status Points essentially go to waste if I accrue them in early December before my membership year renews?
This understanding isn’t correct. With 910 Status Points, you’ll get Diamond for next year but you do not get 200 Status Points for 2024. The 200 Status Points is for members who hit the usual Gold threshold but not the promotional Diamond threshold (i.e. those ending their year with between 600 and 839 points).

There is a table on this page [link] that might be easier to decipher than the graphic in the email they sent out.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CXYYZ
There is a table on this page [[url=https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/membership/status_renewal_2023.html]link] that might be easier to decipher than the graphic in the email they sent out.
Thank you very much. That is so much more clear.
CXYYZ and tentseller like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.