Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Transit at LAX - lounge access for First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2023, 1:48 am
Original Poster

I have a flight upcoming flying to LAX on Cathay First Class from HKG. I will be at LAX airport for about 5 hours until my next connecting flight via Delta business. I understand I will have access to the Delta Sky Club lounge, but as I was a First Class passenger, is there anyway that i can get a First Class lounge access at LAX (for instance the Qantas one I beleive?) during my layover?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 8, 2023, 3:18 am

you will need to be travelling on a onward oneworld flight (in any class), so no.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
No, unfortunately OneWorld lounge access policies are for departures, not arrivals. There are certainly exceptions to that, but QF manages the LAX lounge and is known to be over the top strict about the OW policies. AA 'might' let you into the Flagship lounge, their site doesn't explicitly say departing flights only, it only says you must have access to the terminal without a gate pass, which at LAX you would. I know it's perfectly OK if your connection is on AA, but not 100% sure about DL, but that's what I'd try first, just scan the CX boarding pass at entry and don't even mention your connecting flight information.

You should also have access to the KE lounge in TBIT, but I don't think that's any better than the SkyClub. Sadly LAX seems to be a complete black hole in Priority Pass now.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 5:24 am
Original Poster

thanks guys for the info! it seems like the SkyClub would be my best option
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Mr Market
thanks guys for the info! it seems like the SkyClub would be my best option
Assuming you can get into the AA Flagship lounge with your arriving CX boarding pass, it's significantly better than a DL SkyClub, at least in terms of food and alcohol. Just allow plenty of time before your DL flight since it's a good bit of a hike over to T3 assuming you use the airside connectors.
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Just to make sure OP understands… flying DL in domestic First doesn’t confer access to SkyClub; you have to fly Delta One to have access. So I believe that’s only JFK and BOS domestically at the moment, both of which AA and AS fly. (Ignore this comment if you are flying HKG-LAX-HND/SYD. I know… this is FT)

In addition, just saying, AA/AS LAX-SFO/SJC might be as cheap as $49 if you really want to try the QF F lounge
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by shd9
Just to make sure OP understands… flying DL in domestic First doesn’t confer access to SkyClub; you have to fly Delta One to have access. So I believe that’s only JFK and BOS domestically at the moment, both of which AA and AS fly. (Ignore this comment if you are flying HKG-LAX-HND/SYD. I know… this is FT)

In addition, just saying, AA/AS LAX-SFO/SJC might be as cheap as $49 if you really want to try the QF F lounge
OP uses the word DL Business, not F, and he says he understands he'll have an access to SkyClub.

IMO I wouldn't spend $50 for QF F lounge, unless I have a long layover without any other lounge access. I haven't checked the F lounge policy, but it's surprising to hear they allow arriving F pax in CX metal, connecting to a OW of any class.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 12:45 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by maverikbc
it's surprising to hear they allow arriving F pax in CX metal, connecting to a OW of any class.
"Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights: First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 06:00am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa)."

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LAX
maverikbc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.