Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How to book JL with AsiaMiles ? I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta skymiles, BAEC

I’m trying to book JL in J class from BOS or JFK to NRT or HND for next September with AsiaMiles…by transferring AMEX or Chase points. I’ve done this before a few years ago but I can’t remember exactly how I succeeded. Maybe things have changed?

I’ve been going to the AsiaMiles website but it keeps routing me through LHR on BA and CX. No options show up for JL direct flights to Tokyo in ANY class of service.

How do I get the AsiaMiles website to show me JL results? Must I call CX?

What is the best way to view JL award availability?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
I just booked JL YVR-NRT-SGN for September a few days ago, and availability had been showing up.

In my experience, the availability matched with BA (and AA, but AA doesn't show that far ahead). So if you see it on BA, but not showing on CX, then it may be worth contacting them

I haven't looked into this, but CX has been having transfer issues from card issuers lately? They've been traditionally picky about name matches, and from Canadian card issuers, it's been taking a lot longer than other airlines.

Last edited by maverikbc; Oct 1, 2023 at 2:19 pm
Old Oct 2, 2023, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta skymiles, BAEC
Maverikbc…thanks so much for the reply.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:32 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
Originally Posted by maverikbc
In my experience, the availability matched with BA (and AA, but AA doesn't show that far ahead). So if you see it on BA, but not showing on CX, then it may be worth contacting them
I've read that if it's not on the CX site, then you can't book it. I've also heard of people using aa.com or BA etc to search, then search again on CX with the specific dates. I don't understand?

The availability on CX is non-existent, nothing works and they make it as time-consuming as possible to search for it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.