Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Wenzhou - 40 mins before check-in workable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold

Wenzhou Longwan International Airport

According to this, check-in desks close 40 minutes prior to departure. I'm potentially running a very tight schedule and I'm wondering whether I should try to catch a flight from Wenzhou if I can only arrive 45-60 minutes before the flight. If I get to the airport, say, 45 minutes before departure will I actually be able to make it onto the CX flight? Hand carry only, no check in.

Thanks in advance for any experience that people can share.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by midlevels
Wenzhou Longwan International Airport

According to this, check-in desks close 40 minutes prior to departure. I'm potentially running a very tight schedule and I'm wondering whether I should try to catch a flight from Wenzhou if I can only arrive 45-60 minutes before the flight. If I get to the airport, say, 45 minutes before departure will I actually be able to make it onto the CX flight? Hand carry only, no check in.

Thanks in advance for any experience that people can share.
Definitely not. Wenzhou INT side is barebone operation. The people would leave early when they assumed all pax are checked in. You can try on your own risk, but as someone that frequents WZ INT side I definitely wouldn't. My experience is they are very unprofessional, do it at your own risk.
midlevels likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Will not attempt this then and instead go to Hangzhou and catch a flight the next morning.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 2:15 am
Original Poster

I think I already know what the reply is likely to be - but I'm going to ask anyway.

Is the APT VIP Lounge (CX contract lounge) a place where one could spend 2 hours? What is the food and drink offering like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.