Wiki Posts
Search

CX lost my suit jacket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
CX lost my suit jacket

FA asked to hang in closet before take off, I said yes, as 1000x before. Boarding pass in front pocket
Could not find on arrival into HKG (...!!!!)
and they still cant locate 8 hours later
Communication around the issue has been awful

such crap service.

a very dissatisfied 2M miler
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:58 pm

Gosh, didn’t know such a thing could even happen!
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
I'm more amazed people still wear their suit on board.

Must been a veryyyy tight turnaround meeting.
fairhsa likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by JordanWalker

Some frequent flyers wear their suit jacket to avoid it being crushed in carry-on; for others, the suit jacket is paired with chinos or dress jeans for a ‘smart casual’ look (that’s my go-to since Covid) and again, you wear the jacket to the lounge and on board but then have it hung in the closet.

Sorry to hear about your jacket going missing, OP, that’s something I’d think would never happen!

Last edited by djsflynn; Aug 29, 2023 at 12:52 am
Old Aug 28, 2023, 7:12 pm

maybe i've watched too many tv dramas...or I have an overactive imagination :P

Maybe they split something on it...once they clean it, they will 'find' it and reach out to you...

hopefully...

Good Luck!
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by JordanWalker

I'm even more amazed you haven't seen flyers in asia in suits / jackets in the cabin.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 12:40 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Very possibly it was stolen by another passenger from the closet, probably as they disembarked. This happened to a colleague of mine a few years back and of course there was little the airline could do about it.
I hope this was not the case and it is found
Old Aug 29, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
Can also be crew error ... a long time ago, I was in AA (international F for what is worth) and I saw the FA hand my jacket to another passenger across the aisle, hanging it on the seat hook. The passenger actually didn't even look at the suit properly and just nodded.
I called up the FA and mentioned the mix up. Instead of apologizing, she rolled her eyes went went around to retrieve my jacket.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by oldchinahand
Very possibly it was stolen by another passenger from the closet, probably as they disembarked. This happened to a colleague of mine a few years back and of course there was little the airline could do about it.

​​​​​​​Much likely this, a fair number of people don't realize how vulnerable your possessions are to theft on a plane.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Was it a Friar's Club jacket?
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:52 am
DDL

Jane,

I am so sorry to hear about your jacket.

I do not think it strange at all that people go on a plane with a jacket, be it a business jacket or some other jacket.

You are a very seasoned traveller and I find it very surprising.

Jackets are always returned to passengers before the plane lands, well before doors open to let people out. I imagine there is a very good reason for that, apart from saving time and everyone trying to leave the plane asap as soon as door sopen, it is to ensure that everyone gets his/her jacket back before some of the passengers have left the plane and it is too late to figure things out again!

Last edited by DDL; Sep 1, 2023 at 2:09 am
Old Aug 31, 2023, 9:31 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by oldchinahand
Don't they distribute the jackets prior to landing, normally during their pre-landing checks?
Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
They should but this does not always happen in my experience particularly on very busy short hauls and from time to time I have needed to collect my jacket.on exiting.
The last time was returning from a recent Bangkok business trip on a busy Friday
The delivery job seems to be handled by very junior crew and from time the normal identification is not apparent or fallen off. and so they leave it in the closet.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 6:49 am

Oh, wow! This was something I thought could never happen, especially given the custom of having one's BP in the jacket's pocket.

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Don't they distribute the jackets prior to landing, normally during their pre-landing checks?
Almost every time, yes; but, on a few flights they'd forget. So, I generally just request it prior to landing or fetch it on my way out; regardless, it would never occur to me that it wold be "lost." LOL
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
FA asked to hang in closet before take off, I said yes, as 1000x before. Boarding pass in front pocket
Could not find on arrival into HKG (...!!!!)
and they still cant locate 8 hours later
Communication around the issue has been awful

such crap service.

a very dissatisfied 2M miler
Sorry to hear about that! Hopefully its not too soon to be humorous about it but if I was your tailor I wouldn't be sorry if your jacket was lost! (Yes and to be fair I am a tailor myself haha!)

In all honesty it happens - not CX specifically but on all airlines they frequently forget to give me my jacket back. I almost left mine on a flight on more than one occasion. I think the problem is that there isn't one specific person responsible to distribute the jackets before landing (on any airline).

Hopefully CX pay you for it or you can always claim travel insurance for it - given how frequently you travel I'm sure you either have a dedicated policy or through the credit card you used to purchase your ticket (and you're welcome to come to me to buy a new one &#129322

Hope it gets resolved somehow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.