Wiki Posts
Search

New Aria Suite

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by brunos
The trend in the industry is to add a door to the J seat and CX is just following that trend.
PLus bigger screens, a few electronic gimmicks and a LIGHTER seat.
Won't this benefit CX's bottom line since any weight savings mean lower fuel costs?
djsflynn likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Meh, CX's service standards have slipped so far it doesn't matter what the seat is.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: CX Gold
True

Originally Posted by triplefives
Meh, CX's service standards have slipped so far it doesn't matter what the seat is.
and going by their trend.
This will just be marketed as superior and an upgrade.
Even if the seat is shorter, narrower and has less space.

like the meal enhancement that reduced the meal service.
and the service enhancement that cut one fa per aircraft.
TomYoung likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:00 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by NZflyer777
like the meal enhancement that reduced the meal service.
and the service enhancement that cut one fa per aircraft.
Agree on this - whether this seat is improved is a question mark, have to know more to determine.

What we know for a fact is that J catering on CX post-Covid is a dim shadow of what it used to be. Portion sizes smaller, cheaper main courses, single tray service. Supper and breakfast are especially hard hit.

CX needs not only a better seat to stay relevant but a far superior food offering to what they have now. Other OW airlines like Qatar are not only cheaper but light years ahead in catering.
TomYoung likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 6:04 am

I can't believe the current business class seats have been in place since 2010. In all honestly they do not look or feel dated at all - still a very nice business class seat. A door is probably "industry standard" now that we are reaching "peak business class", but honestly I care much more about the maintenance of the seats - oftentimes flying products like BA or DL, the cleanliness and maintenance (loose/faulty USB ports, rattling doors, broken chairs, audio jack not working, slow IFE) is really lacking.

Now that I am flying more regularly again, I do find CX's standards have slipped - but that is the global trend. In the grand scheme of things, they're probably above average (e.g. "slipped" the least).
djsflynn, dmatthew, m.y and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 4:04 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, to return the thread to its intended purpose - discussion of the new CX seat - we've had to delete a large number of posts mostly revolving around catering. Let's please concentrate on improving the signal to noise ratio going forward.

Thanks.

/mod
oldchinahand likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:51 pm

Someone spotted Cathay Pacific started to post some ads on the billboards near the Western Harbor Tunnel in Hong Kong. I think we will see CX launch the new product soon.

https://www.xiaohongshu.com/explore/...6496308.059303
djsflynn and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 12:53 am

‘Launch’ will be soon, yes, but I’m hearing there may be a delay for the first Aria 777s to take wing.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by djsflynn
‘Launch’ will be soon, yes, but I’m hearing there may be a delay for the first Aria 777s to take wing.
Aim is still for Q2 2024 the last I've heard.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
Aim is still for Q2 2024 the last I've heard.
I'm certainly hopeful Aria remains on target, but a CX source indicated to me there's a bit of a tide against that deadline..
CarefreeBA and kijhkijh like this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 5:27 pm

Programs: Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Possible actual seat

My guess when one looks at it from their YouTube channel and the seat manufacturer it will be this one here JPA Airtrek.
For a short route to familiarize the crews with the seat the inaugural flight might be Hong Kong to Manila like the A350-900 B-LRA back in 2016. In the case of that route Hong Kong to Manila you are buying premium to try an Aria suite over competitor Philippine Airlines Thompson Vantage XL Safran seat and Recaro CL6510 Mabuhay Class seats.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:44 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Didn't they state CX as a partner https://jpadesign.com/partnerships-product/ ?

Who has one now? SQ (an older version)?
Old Feb 7, 2024, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by allianceflyer9506
My guess when one looks at it from their YouTube channel and the seat manufacturer it will be this one here JPA Airtrek.
That's also my suspicion, partly based on comparing pics but also because this page on the JPA website declares "We have partnered with Cathay Pacific to design and develop their next generation of aircraft cabin interiors" – https://jpadesign.com/product/cathay-pacific/

And I do hope Aria = Airtek, because I saw Airtek a few years back and it's quite impressive as a piece of design. The "monocoque" approach was actually debuted by JPA on SQ's second-gen A380 business class, and while not a lot of people enjoyed the angled-bed approach, the ability to slide your cabin bag under the seat so it's close at hand is quite nice. I have a lot of respect for JPA's work, so it'll be great to see what they and CX have come up with when the covers are pulled back (which will be soon).
allianceflyer9506 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Who has one now? SQ (an older version)?
Yes, SQ has the original JPA 'Monocoque' seat in terms of the manufacturing technique, however Airtek is the result of a collaboration between JPA and Williams so it's advanced the design & manufacturing aspects quite some.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 1:21 am

Programs: Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Originally Posted by djsflynn
That's also my suspicion, partly based on comparing pics but also because this page on the JPA website declares "We have partnered with Cathay Pacific to design and develop their next generation of aircraft cabin interiors" – https://jpadesign.com/product/cathay-pacific/

And I do hope Aria = Airtek, because I saw Airtek a few years back and it's quite impressive as a piece of design. The "monocoque" approach was actually debuted by JPA on SQ's second-gen A380 business class, and while not a lot of people enjoyed the angled-bed approach, the ability to slide your cabin bag under the seat so it's close at hand is quite nice. I have a lot of respect for JPA's work, so it'll be great to see what they and CX have come up with when the covers are pulled back (which will be soon).
if it's a match I would actually fly on the aria suite on either CX843 JFK-HKG when resumed CX899 EWR-HKG and then try the A321-251N Rockwell Collins JPA Airtrek CX907 to MNL. Basically my goal is to actually avoid the mentioned Philippine Airlines Thompson Vantage XL PR127 on their A359s RP-C3501-RP-C3508 which are equal to the CX B-LRx B-LQx fleets. I wonder if it's going to have the three point seat belt design or lap belt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.