Programs: CX DM, SPG PLT, Accor PLT, IHG PLT AMB, Hyatt DM, HH DM
CX LH schedule 2023 winter

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230726-cxnw23lh
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Oh wow.
that is way lower than I thought.
if this is 70% of prepandamic capacity, then CX is using some dodgy math.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:11 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by NZflyer777
Oh wow.
I was wondering the same think I mean BOS was daily, will be 4 by end of Nov, which is 57%, ORD was also daily and will only restart at 3 weekly in October. LAX is 12, while SFO will be 9 by Feb 2024.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 10:34 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Oh wow.
They just add a lot of Mainland China and intra-Asia flights to make their numbers look better ;-)
Old Jul 26, 2023, 10:54 pm

Oh wow.
They are to resume 70% of CX GROUP pre-pandemic capacity, including CX and UO.
UO has resumed to above the pre-pandemic level back to March this year. So I think CX itself only resumes 60-ish% by the end of this year and 90-ish% by the end of 2024.
So you see the tricks here.
Bobdh13 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: Cathay, Oneworld
Oh wow.
Indeed. Capacity to Europe and Australia seems to be at about 60-70%. But USA, not even close to that whatsoever.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by Bobdh13
They just add a lot of Mainland China and intra-Asia flights to make their numbers look better ;-)
Even mainland China capacity is well below 50%, with only 4 daily PEK and 6 daily PVG
Old Jul 28, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: Cathay, Oneworld
Originally Posted by mcmc3
Even mainland China capacity is well below 50%, with only 4 daily PEK and 6 daily PVG
Not too sure if the Southeast and East Asia capacity is finalized yet. For PVG it's showing 7 daily in Sep/Oct while it is showing 6 for the winter schedule. For Singapore its showing 5 daily in Sep but showing 2 on selected dates in Nov/Dec
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:30 pm

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Very disappointing that we still haven't seen the return of the pre-pandemic fifth freedom service between Bahrain and Dubai.
Bobdh13 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 12:30 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by TravellingChris
Very disappointing that we still haven't seen the return of the pre-pandemic fifth freedom service between Bahrain and Dubai.
It's not coming back. The offices in Bahrain have been permanently closed all staff redeployed/made redundant and office furniture/assets sold.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:45 am

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Originally Posted by drivingflyingwalking
It's not coming back. The offices in Bahrain have been permanently closed all staff redeployed/made redundant and office furniture/assets sold.
Regrettable. The pricing was competitive and I've always enjoyed CX service. I also find it fascinating to be able to travel with a carrier on a route half a world away from its home region.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:41 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
The fact is that demand from the US is slower to recover than from Europe, Canada,Australasia, Asia and Africa and the airline clearly is focusing on putting resources where the greater demand is as it needs to fill seats in order to recover from basically being out of business for almost 3 years .Cathay looks not to have increased flights to China much beyond the pre-pandemic levels of Dragon Air and Cathay with no new destinations
The slowness of the US demand recovery is I believe mainly due to the US governments aggressively negative stance as regards Hong Kong and also the economic downturn in China.
Personally I have no view on the politics of this and the situation has shown some signs of softening in the past few months and I am sure that we all hope that this continues.
There looks to be very high demand on the several daily flights from New York where the airline has increased resources to meet the demand as it will no doubt do as the demand from other US cities increases
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by TravellingChris
Regrettable. The pricing was competitive and I've always enjoyed CX service. I also find it fascinating to be able to travel with a carrier on a route half a world away from its home region.
That just pretty much explains why CX has closed the route
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Bobdh13
The frequencies to many mainland routes are really low. Only PVG is back to 5-6 frequencies a day.

What CX seems to do: Reinstate frequencies to a few key routes. For example:

TYO: NRT is 5x daily, 1x via TPE, 2x HND. I believe this is almost back to pre-covid levels
KIX: 4x daily, 1x via TPE, also almost back to pre--covid
BKK 6x daily, likewise

LHR: 4-5x daily, I believe pre-covid was 5x daily
JFK: 2-3x daily
CDG, AMS, FRA all got their normal daily flights back

Many other routes are not back yet or at severely reduced frequencies:

IAD, DUB, BRU, CPH, BAH will probably never come back
SEA, FCO, BCN are long haul routes that I would expect to be back at some point
MAD, MXP, ZRH, SFO, LAX, YVR, YYZ, BOS, ORD seem to be at about 50% of pre-covid frequencies for now.
Reply1984 and KhemaneyBoy like this.

Last edited by mucaari; Jul 31, 2023 at 12:48 am
Old Jul 31, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: CX Asia Miles
Originally Posted by mucaari
The frequencies to many mainland routes are really low. Only PVG is back to 5-6 frequencies a day.

What CX seems to do: Reinstate frequencies to a few key routes. For example:

TYO: NRT is 5x daily, 1x via TPE, 2x HND. I believe this is almost back to pre-covid levels
KIX: 4x daily, 1x via TPE, also almost back to pre--covid
BKK 6x daily, likewise

LHR: 4-5x daily, I believe pre-covid was 5x daily
JFK: 2-3x daily
CDG, AMS, FRA all got their normal daily flights back

Many other routes are not back yet or at severely reduced frequencies:

IAD, DUB, BRU, CPH, BAH will probably never come back
SEA, FCO, BCN are long haul routes that I would expect to be back at some point
MAD, MXP, ZRH, SFO, LAX, YVR, YYZ, BOS, ORD seem to be at about 50% of pre-covid frequencies for now.
On a positive note, this a million miles away from where CX was this time in 2021/22, and things can only get better for the airline and for HKG from here as far as capacity restoration is concerned. RE:

LHR: Aeroroutes reported on their webpages a couple of days back that LHR-HKG will go up to 30/weekly with a mix of 77W/A359/A351 until the end of January, and I would expect additional increases beyond this date. So that's 5 weekly frequencies short of where CX was pre-pandemic. Going into 2024, I guess CX will seek to increase London capacity further by re-adding the 77W on more of the LHR frequencies so that this in turn frees up the A350-900/1000 fleet to re-open more routes that were suspended in early 2020.

LGW: With CX quickly restoring capacity to London, is Gatwick likely to be resumed in 2024? Perhaps at a lower weekly frequency initially before eventually being upgauged to daily? Hopefully in the long term they will be back.

FCO: Probably won't be back for a while yet, this route wasn't even running daily IIRC pre-pandemic, only in the summer months. I think CX will probably concentrate on restoring additional MXP capacity first before FCO is back on the cards. But in the long term, I agree, CX will end up resuming FCO.

BCN: Being reported elsewhere that CX are set to resume this route in late March next year, unless this has since changed?

FRA: I'd expect CX to upgauge to the 77W (as was the case pre-covid). Currently FRA is served with the A350-1000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.