Wiki Posts
Search

CX F lounge at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
CX F lounge at LHR

I am OWE and I will connect thru LHR (flying in Y on AA & BA). Do I have access to CX F lounge at LHR ?
Thanks !
Old Mar 21, 2023, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Thichbay
I am OWE and I will connect thru LHR (flying in Y on AA & BA). Do I have access to CX F lounge at LHR ?
Thanks !
Yes.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Depends on the terminal of your connecting flight. If your connecting flight leaves from T3, then yes. If not, no.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:28 pm

Thanks !
Depends on the terminal of your connecting flight. If your connecting flight leaves from T3, then yes. If not, no.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hermanc
Thanks ! What is the issue for me to go between terminals at LHR (I've never been to LHR)?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Thanks ! What is the issue for me to go between terminals at LHR (I've never been to LHR)?
Generally you won't be able to enter airside at a terminal without a BP that leaves from that terminal.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:00 am

In LHR specifically, they will not allow you to enter T3 without a boarding pass for a flight leaving from T3.
This is both for transferring airside between terminals and from entering T3 from landside.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Walking freely between terminals and using any security line in any terminal as long as you have a same day boarding pass is predominantly an American thing, I am afraid. Back and forth terminal hopping isn't possible in Europe in many if not most airports.

So in your case, you need to have a departure BP for T3. What's your final destination with BA - there are a few BA flights out of T3?

The Gold lounge at T5 won't do any harm though
Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by JacobNL
In LHR specifically, they will not allow you to enter T3 without a boarding pass for a flight leaving from T3.
This is both for transferring airside between terminals and from entering T3 from landside.
I'm affraid that's incorrect information. You CAN enter T3 airside with a boarding pass from a different terminal, but ONLY as a connecting passenger that transfers airside (by bus) thas more then plenty hours to kill.

Last month, I arrived at T5 and departed from T5 10 hours later. Upon arrival at T5, I did not clear immigration and did not go through securtity, but took the airside bus to T3. Even though the security at T3 warned me I was in the wrong terminal, they let me in after I acknowledged that and explained I wished to kill the 8 more hours waiting in the CX F lounge.
:D! likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So I guess if one is arriving on CX F and the final destination is LHR, you can’t try out their lounge (no way to get from arrivals to departures)? I heard that there’s no arrival lounge for CX passengers? Is it true that the AA arrival lounge no longer accepts CX arrivals?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: AA PLT
Correct. You will exit T3 customs into the UK, and the CX lounge is airside, for departing passengers only.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
I'm affraid that's incorrect information. You CAN enter T3 airside with a boarding pass from a different terminal, but ONLY as a connecting passenger that transfers airside (by bus) thas more then plenty hours to kill.

Last month, I arrived at T5 and departed from T5 10 hours later. Upon arrival at T5, I did not clear immigration and did not go through securtity, but took the airside bus to T3. Even though the security at T3 warned me I was in the wrong terminal, they let me in after I acknowledged that and explained I wished to kill the 8 more hours waiting in the CX F lounge.
I've tried the same thing and been told I cannot enter terminal three. The boarding pass is scanned and if the flight is not from that terminal the machine beeps, at which point a member of staff came over for a look and told me to go back to terminal five.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

What if my inbound flight arrive in T3...can I stay airside and visit the F lounge then go to other terminal for my connection flight ?

Thanks !
Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:26 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes, you can, although you should be aware that you will need to clear security in both T3 and T5, so you will need to factor extra time in to do that. Most people, it has to be said, don't think it's worthwhile - particularly as the CX lounge reportedly isn't anywhere near as good as it was pre-Covid.

You also need to know exactly what you're doing, specifically how to negotiate the various transfer routes between terminals once airside.
KARFA, Travel-Quinten and Thichbay like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Yes, you can, although you should be aware that you will need to clear security in both T3 and T5, so you will need to factor extra time in to do that. Most people, it has to be said, don't think it's worthwhile - particularly as the CX lounge reportedly isn't anywhere near as good as it was pre-Covid.

You also need to know exactly what you're doing, specifically how to negotiate the various transfer routes between terminals once airside.
Essentially not worth the trouble even if you are successful entering T3 with a T5 boarding pass. It takes forever to switch terminal at LHR and in my opinion, the T3 CX lounge (even on the First class side) is not worth the efforts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.