Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Lounge access on mixed cabin redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC Silver (OWR)

If I have a BKK to HKG flight in J and HKG to JFK flight in Y all on a single asia miles award ticket, will I be able to get J lounge access at BKK and HKG? The lounge admittance website suggests that I can but wanted to check if others had this experience before.

Last edited by quakes15; Mar 7, 2023 at 11:45 am
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:08 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Did you get the chance to visit Lounge Access and other Lounge FAQs
Old Mar 7, 2023, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Yes, but that thread is more about long haul F to short haul J, while I am asking about short haul J to long haul PEY/Y. Thanks!

Last edited by quakes15; Mar 7, 2023 at 11:45 am
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by quakes15
If I have a BKK to HKG flight in J and HGK to JFK flight in Y all on a single asia miles award ticket, will I be able to get J lounge access at BKK and HKG? The lounge admittance website suggests that I can but wanted to check if others had this experience before.
Yes, provided both flights are on CX and you have a transit in HKG (less than 24 hours). I have done it a couple of times for my parents. This is a good way to save miles while still ensuring they have lounge access.

CX's system used to automatically print the lounge invitation in this case but no longer seems to do it as of last year. Have a print out of this page or save it to your phone and be prepared to show it to the check-in agent. It may take him/her a while to get your lounge invitation. Given you would access CX's own lounge at HKG, though, perhaps you could also just show this to the lounge receptionist, in case you could not get an invite at BKK.
quakes15 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Yes, provided both flights are on CX and you have a transit in HKG (less than 24 hours). I have done it a couple of times for my parents. This is a good way to save miles while still ensuring they have lounge access.

CX's system used to automatically print the lounge invitation in this case but no longer seems to do it as of last year. Have a print out of this page or save it to your phone and be prepared to show it to the check-in agent. It may take him/her a while to get your lounge invitation. Given you would access CX's own lounge at HKG, though, perhaps you could also just show this to the lounge receptionist, in case you could not get an invite at BKK.
Thanks for the info!
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:14 am

Sorry to hijack this thread.

If I had a transit in HKG with both flights on CX on J then Y, would I be able to access the QF J Lounge in HKG as well?

Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2023, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hairhooks

If I had a transit in HKG with both flights on CX on J then Y, would I be able to access the QF J Lounge in HKG as well?

Thanks!
Probably not since as far as I'm aware this is a CX specific policy and not a Oneworld one.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by hairhooks

Thanks!
Yes if the J flight is scheduled longer than 5 hours, in which case the oneworld access rule applies. No otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.