Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same flight turnaround in Manila

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2023, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Arrivals and departures are different levels.

Disabled/elderly/families/Apec will get much faster arrival immigration passport control. Otherwise it can be very slow.

Departures no Fast Track. And you have to go through security to even get to a checkin desk. This can be very slow at times as people scramble to show boarding passes on mobile devices as is the issue process for the numerous LCC's fling out of T3.

As I replied to the original poster I wouldn't even dream of trying!
Old May 9, 2023, 7:11 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
I pass through Manila airport pretty frequently and endorse Snr. Modo's comments. Don't think about it. You might make if you are lucky but the chances of you making it are not high. Too many hurdles, high risk of something being changed and disrupting the best laid plans like arriving just after a couple of birds from the sand pit, or escalators being broken. But remember Cathay has 5 flights each day to and from Manila so looking at arriving on one and departing on the next turnaround should have a high chance of success. In the morning CX907 arrives at about 9.30 and CX930 departs at 12.30 while in the late afternoon/evening CX919 arrives at 4.30 and CX902 departs at 8.15. And the comfortable lounge is now open.
oldchinahand and Modo like this.
Old May 10, 2023, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Modo
As above Short Check

I see zero prospect of you turning round with that flight. I’ve been through MNL on CX 3 times in the last 4 weeks. I got from Makati to sitting in lounge in 45 minutes last Sunday. My partner took 3 hours from entering airport to boarding with plane waiting for other passengers too, a couple of Tuesdays back for the 08.00 flight.

If you can’t face an LCC option plenty of hotels in walking distance at Resorts World Newport across The Bridge. The Belmont is probably the best cheap option. Or if you have IHG points The HIX.
Totally agree about stopping in the Belmont. My company has great rates with them which includes dinner and breakfast plus free drinks by the pool on the roof.
Old May 10, 2023, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TomYoung
I pass through Manila airport pretty frequently and endorse Snr. Modo's comments. Don't think about it. You might make if you are lucky but the chances of you making it are not high. Too many hurdles, high risk of something being changed and disrupting the best laid plans like arriving just after a couple of birds from the sand pit, or escalators being broken. But remember Cathay has 5 flights each day to and from Manila so looking at arriving on one and departing on the next turnaround should have a high chance of success. In the morning CX907 arrives at about 9.30 and CX930 departs at 12.30 while in the late afternoon/evening CX919 arrives at 4.30 and CX902 departs at 8.15. And the comfortable lounge is now open.
This is a much better option and I have to say the CX staff at MNL are usually really helpful if you are in business or a DM card holder.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 7:19 pm

Related question, do you think a 3hr turnaround in MNL is fine?

Looking at doing CX907 arriving at 0935 and flying out on CX930 at 12:35. I'm thinking that should be plenty of time to clear immigration both on the way in/out.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:01 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
That looks to be very doable as CX flights on the route are normally early to land and sometime 30 minutes or so early
Old Jun 23, 2023, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by lamach22888
Related question, do you think a 3hr turnaround in MNL is fine?

Looking at doing CX907 arriving at 0935 and flying out on CX930 at 12:35. I'm thinking that should be plenty of time to clear immigration both on the way in/out.
Three hours is fine. I always do this to get the surprisingly cheap ex-MNL J fare to Dubai.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Donkitravel
Three hours is fine. I always do this to get the surprisingly cheap ex-MNL J fare to Dubai.
Do you officially check-in (MNL - HKG leg) at the MNL departure hall or just using the transfer desk?
I am thinking of doing the same day turnaround (3 hours between the two CX flights or from 5J to CX (eg: 5J273 --> CX919 or 5J111 --> CX903)) in 2 separate tickets (only hand-carry), so I wonder where I should do the check-in:
1) officially enter the country (ie. check-in the MNL-HKG flight at the departure hall and go through the immigration again)
2) go through the transfer desk option to check-in the MNL-HKG flight
3) if I can also ask to check-in my MNL-HKG leg in HKG and just go through the transfer desk directly

1 - is obviously the standard, but I am not sure if 3 hours are enough to queue for immigrations (in + out & security check)
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold
Originally Posted by wolve921
Do you officially check-in (MNL - HKG leg) at the MNL departure hall or just using the transfer desk?
I am thinking of doing the same day turnaround (3 hours between the two CX flights or from 5J to CX (eg: 5J273 --> CX919 or 5J111 --> CX903)) in 2 separate tickets (only hand-carry), so I wonder where I should do the check-in:
1) officially enter the country (ie. check-in the MNL-HKG flight at the departure hall and go through the immigration again)
2) go through the transfer desk option to check-in the MNL-HKG flight
3) if I can also ask to check-in my MNL-HKG leg in HKG and just go through the transfer desk directly

1 - is obviously the standard, but I am not sure if 3 hours are enough to queue for immigrations (in + out & security check)
Answering your 1
Depends on your arrival time. Usually, 1 hour to enter the Philippines and 45 mins to exit. As mentioned. Try to run to the check-in desk and ask them if you can go for an earlier flight. MNL CX staff is one of the most helpful ground staff among CX.
If you have a long queue for immigration after they put you on an earlier flight, CX staff will try to search for you and guide you through immigration and security. From my experience, CX907 (07:20 am departing from HKG) will have a short queue for entering and exiting the Philippine.
FYI, check-in stops 40 minutes before the flight departs.

Answering your 2 and 3
For 2, never expect you can do so as the transfer desk is always empty (No staff). You also need some paper documents from the airport to do transit in MNL T3 (tried once). You might need to grab a ground staff after landing. (just for CX to CX)
For 3, the policy changed in HKG check-in desk even if you're a diamond using F class check-in. You must fulfill your MCT (MNL I to I 3hrs in T3) before they can check you in your last leg (Starting from 1st June 2023, HKG to MNL and BKK are strictly operated to this rule)
wolve921 and ernestnywang like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
CX staff will only look for you if you are "checked in" with issued BP and is in line at exit immigration.
This is personal experience at NAIA with CX. Having CX tags on my backpack helped.

They will not look for you if you are stuck at arrival/immigration.
wolve921 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 7:24 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold
Originally Posted by tentseller
CX staff will only look for you if you are "checked in" with issued BP and is in line at exit immigration.
This is personal experience at NAIA with CX. Having CX tags on my backpack helped.

They will not look for you if you are stuck at arrival/immigration.
Yup. Thx for the clarification. I didn't make it clear on my reply
wolve921 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.