Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Narita Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
CX Narita Lounge

It seems that CX has quietly opened the new Narita Lounge.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ic-lounge.html

Can anyone post photos and tell us of their experience of using it? Many thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2023, 4:45 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by lesteryen
It seems that CX has quietly opened the new Narita Lounge.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ic-lounge.html

Can anyone post photos and tell us of their experience of using it? Many thanks!
Will be there next Monday. Will let you know soon.
lesteryen, lsquare and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:04 am

Isn’t that the location of the former AA lounge? Wow!
imakinov likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by satay
Isn’t that the location of the former AA lounge? Wow!
Really? Can someone else confirm?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
It's not studioilsed. Hahhahaha. Why would I have expected for this ugly duckling port to begin with.

It's basically just the Admirals Club - same furniture same decor - but rebranded to CX lounge.
moreismore likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
It's not studioilsed. Hahhahaha. Why would I have expected for this ugly duckling port to begin with.

It's basically just the Admirals Club - same furniture same decor - but rebranded to CX lounge.
At least better food? Will there be a noodle bar?
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: CX Gold
What will happen to the former CX lounge then?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Pt, CX DM, QR, UA, AX Pt
Originally Posted by lsquare
as far as we were told at last Christmas reception, No but curry and Sushi like everyone else does.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:20 am

Thing about the noodle bar is that other lounges can't seem to replicate the Dan Dan noodles the way it's prepared at the Pier. While I certainly haven't been to all of CX's lounges, the ones I've tried, at least to my palates, were very poor replicas of the noodles prepared in CX's HKG lounges. I was initially quite surprised at how poor they were in the SFO lounge, where one would think if there's a locality that could replicate it, it'd be SF.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
Thing about the noodle bar is that other lounges can't seem to replicate the Dan Dan noodles the way it's prepared at the Pier. While I certainly haven't been to all of CX's lounges, the ones I've tried, at least to my palates, were very poor replicas of the noodles prepared in CX's HKG lounges. I was initially quite surprised at how poor they were in the SFO lounge, where one would think if there's a locality that could replicate it, it'd be SF.
Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the Dan Dan even in HKG. I've since had it in YVR and LHR. Tastes about the same and are alright to me. I've been to all the CX J lounges in HKG pre-COVID. I'm now an Emerald and intend to visit the CX F lounges in HK later this year.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:45 am

I'm now an Emerald and intend to visit the CX F lounges in HK later this year.
While this seems like another lifetime ago, I prefer late flights when returning to the States, usually departing at around midnight. During those nights when I don't have any dinner obligations during the evening of departure, I prefer to relax in the Pier F's day suites, and appreciate the privacy and window views of the planes. If possible, I always prefer a shower before my flight and the facilities here simply provide a more civilized experience and, IMHO, how facilities for this purpose ought to be.

Finally, if I recall, the menu at the Pier restaurant has more items than the Wing's, and I just find the dining room here more comfortable. In short, I'm probably more comfortable in the Pier lounges than I am any other, maybe except for the LAS Centurion Lounge.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
While this seems like another lifetime ago, I prefer late flights when returning to the States, usually departing at around midnight. During those nights when I don't have any dinner obligations during the evening of departure, I prefer to relax in the Pier F's day suites, and appreciate the privacy and window views of the planes. If possible, I always prefer a shower before my flight and the facilities here simply provide a more civilized experience and, IMHO, how facilities for this purpose ought to be.

Finally, if I recall, the menu at the Pier restaurant has more items than the Wing's, and I just find the dining room here more comfortable. In short, I'm probably more comfortable in the Pier lounges than I am any other, maybe except for the LAS Centurion Lounge.
That's​​​​​​ how I fly CX as well. I prefer the red eye from the west coast as well as from HKG. Can't wait to return to HK!
Visconti and royng like this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
That's coming, but all in good time...
Old Feb 19, 2023, 4:06 pm

Really? Can someone else confirm?
It is, CX moved into the old AA lounge partly with an Ilse Crawford make-over in mind.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 5:50 pm

Paid a visit today, prior to MH89 to KUL. I was the only person in the lounge. Large, good views of the apron, decent food and drink choices.

lsquare, SLGO and DRAGON_fly like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.