Wiki Posts
Search

More CX lounge openings on the way

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2023, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

More CX lounge openings on the way

From today's press announcement on The Deck:

As travel resumes, Cathay Pacific is also progressively reopening its global lounges. February will see the reopening of the Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo’s Narita International Airport and Singapore Changi Airport, while March and April will see the airline’s lounges at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport and Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport, respectively, reopen their doors to guests.
Customers can also look forward to enjoying the airline’s signature lounges at San Francisco International Airport, Beijing Capital International Airport, Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, and Vancouver International Airport in the second and third quarters of 2023.
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:37 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
It will be a godsend if the SFO lounge open in april. VA closes 10pm. Where are they going to send the folks on the 873 departure.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Singapore reopening confirmed at Feb 22: https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...unge-reopening
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
BKK lounge is coming back as well. Just got the invite today for the soft reopening event at the end of the month.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:19 pm

Wow. Thank you for sharing. I am very much looking forward to the new lounge in YVR
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Very good news. I was worried that YVR will be permanently closed. I was there in February 2020 and I had a good experience. Much quieter than the ST lounge!
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Very good news. I was worried that YVR will be permanently closed. I was there in February 2020 and I had a good experience. Much quieter than the ST lounge!
Right. Today I was flying an OW flight out of YVR and I missed CX Lounge so much. Hopefully it will open soon
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
It seems that the SF lounge will reopen in July
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by oldchinahand
It seems that the lounge will reopen in July
Thank you for the info. I am very much looking forward to it
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Singapore reopening confirmed at Feb 22: https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...unge-reopening
Excellent. Flying out of SIN Feb 24th haha.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benssen
Right. Today I was flying an OW flight out of YVR and I missed CX Lounge so much. Hopefully it will open soon
I flew JL last month and walked past the CX lounge. It was still closed and the entrance was dark. ST lounge isn't bad, but since access is easy, it can get busy and loud. CX is way more exclusive!

Last edited by lsquare; Feb 7, 2023 at 12:59 pm
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:51 pm

I flew JL last month and walked past the CX lounge. It was still closed and the entrance was dark. ST lounge isn't bad, but since access is easy, it can get body and loud. CX is way more exclusive!
Agree. ST Lounge can be quite full. Hopefully CX Lounge can reopen on time
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
The announcement means CX lounges at KHH, KUL, PEN, MEL, CDG, and FRA are permanently closed.
djsflynn and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
The announcement means CX lounges at KHH, KUL, PEN, MEL, CDG, and FRA are permanently closed.
Not necessarily. QF said its HKG lounge was permanently closed and is now rumored to be reopening soon.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Not necessarily. QF said its HKG lounge was permanently closed and is now rumored to be reopening soon.
Not just a rumour, it is in fact reopening, to be officially announced tomorrow around noon: https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ng-kong-lounge
CXYYZ and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.