Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at LHR for CX flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access at LHR for CX flight

Hi all
If my flight is from hong kong to cph and transit at LHR with mix cabin. Could I enjoy the lounge at LHR l, if yes, which lounge I could use?

HKG to LHR business
LHR to CPH economy
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by khwongsteven
Hi all
If my flight is from hong kong to cph and transit at LHR with mix cabin. Could I enjoy the lounge at LHR l, if yes, which lounge I could use?

HKG to LHR business
LHR to CPH economy
Yes. I'm assuming your flight from LHR to CPH is with British Airways. In which case, you can use the British Airways Galleries Club lounges at Terminal 5 (which is where your flight to CPH will depart from) when you arrive at Heathrow. This is because your flight from HKG-LHR is in business. You might have to explain this to the agent letting you into the lounge as they might not have this information. However, I can attest to the fact that they are sufficiently trained to deal with this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
Yes. I'm assuming your flight from LHR to CPH is with British Airways. In which case, you can use the British Airways Galleries Club lounges at Terminal 5 (which is where your flight to CPH will depart from) when you arrive at Heathrow. This is because your flight from HKG-LHR is in business. You might have to explain this to the agent letting you into the lounge as they might not have this information. However, I can attest to the fact that they are sufficiently trained to deal with this.
Yes, my flight is operated by BA from LHR to CPH.

From the very beginning, I think I can only access the arrival lounge by AA but it is a good news that I can also go to BA lounge at T5. Btw should I ask the staff at HKG airport to issue a lounge access when I checkin? Or I can only show the HKG-LHR+LHR-CPH boarding pass to the staff at BA lounge? thanks so much!
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:09 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Yes, my flight is operated by BA from LHR to CPH.

From the very beginning, I think I can only access the arrival lounge by AA but it is a good news that I can also go to BA lounge at T5. Btw should I ask the staff at HKG airport to issue a lounge access when I checkin? Or I can only show the HKG-LHR+LHR-CPH boarding pass to the staff at BA lounge? thanks so much!
Show both boarding passes. BA doesn't do lounge invitations and even if they did, CX@HKG wouldn't be able to issue them.

On this itinerary, you don't have to enter the UK (unless you really want to try the AA arrival lounge).
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
Show both boarding passes. BA doesn't do lounge invitations and even if they did, CX@HKG wouldn't be able to issue them.

On this itinerary, you don't have to enter the UK (unless you really want to try the AA arrival lounge).
Thx a lot but seems like there are two lounges in T5. Which one is your preferred and any shower facilities?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thx a lot but seems like there are two lounges in T5. Which one is your preferred and any shower facilities?
Take a look at the LHR T5 lounge guide here: BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

There are actually three BA business lounges in Terminal 5, but you will probably depart from T5A so you can ignore the one in T5B. All three have showers but the plumbing could use some TLC.

I would definitely skip the arrivals lounge and follow the connections route to the airside lounges. IIRC the only thing the arrivals lounge has that the other lounges don’t is they will iron your shirt while you shower.

Last edited by Calchas; Nov 8, 2022 at 5:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.