Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bookable Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Bookable Upgrades

Is it possible to transfer a bookable upgrade certificate to another person in your redemption group? I know a DM member who has earned a bookable upgrade but will not be travelling for the foreseeable future so she's wondering if she can transfer it to someone else in her Asia Miles redemption group before it expires.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Don't think you can "transfer", but you can upgrade other people with the bookable upgrade. .
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Google says yes, if you are the right level: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...e-upgrade.html

Originally Posted by google search
Gold: 1,000 Status Points

4 single-sector Bookable Upgrades. For yourself or a travel companion. For ultra-short (1–750 miles), short (751–2750 miles), and medium-haul (2751–3700 miles) flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific.

Diamond : 1,600 Status Points

4 single-sector Bookable Upgrades. For yourself or a travel companion or a Redemption Group member. May also be given to a Redemption Group member travelling on their own. For flights of any distance marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by GE90-115B
Is it possible to transfer a bookable upgrade certificate to another person in your redemption group? I know a DM member who has earned a bookable upgrade but will not be travelling for the foreseeable future so she's wondering if she can transfer it to someone else in her Asia Miles redemption group before it expires.
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
Don't think you can "transfer", but you can upgrade other people with the bookable upgrade. .
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Google says yes, if you are the right level: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...e-upgrade.html
Yes, a DM can, but not GO.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Yes, a DM can, but not GO.
You can do an upgrade for a redemption group member, but cannot "transfer" to one of them that would allow them to use it in the same way that the DM member can use it. i.e. such that the transferee could use it to upgrade their own travel companion, for example
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Are these bookable upgrades treated as redemption tickets? Or can you actually confirm the upgrade as long as revenue tickets are available for sale?

EDIT: Just called MPC and found the answer. Bookable upgrades and mileage upgrades are not treated the same. Bookable upgrades can only be confirmed if fare class "I" is available for sale.

Last edited by GE90-115B; Oct 8, 2022 at 4:29 am
Old Jul 7, 2023, 4:33 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Hello! Does anybody know if a bookable upgrade would be 'recredited' if I were to cancel the ticket, and that the upgrade hasn't been confirmed?

Many thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Hello! Does anybody know if a bookable upgrade would be 'recredited' if I were to cancel the ticket, and that the upgrade hasn't been confirmed?

Many thanks!
yes, it can be re-credited.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 5:09 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tfung
yes, it can be re-credited.
thank you, tfung!
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
How are Bookable Upgrades nowadays? Easy to book/use? (Prefer J-F) I'm at 1400 s.p. but contemplating a couple of mileage runs to get to 1600. Worth it? Curious what it's like post-Covid, with limited F seats... TIA.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: QF Platinum, CX Diamond
Was able to confirm one this week for June 2024 from J to F from LHR to HKG. Key is to search for A class availability for the upgrade to be processed.
Jane's Addiction likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jayke
Was able to confirm one this week for June 2024 from J to F from LHR to HKG. Key is to search for A class availability for the upgrade to be processed.
However, A class availability does not guarantee using bookable upgrade.. I've seen at times where A is availably, but upon checking with CX, bookable upgrade is not...
Old Sep 13, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Point of Sale matters too, I think (was rejected once when A was available for HKG PoS, but not for the PoS where my ticket originated).
Jane's Addiction likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Point of Sale matters too, I think (was rejected once when A was available for HKG PoS, but not for the PoS where my ticket originated).
Correct. Happened to me several times too.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Interesting experience..

TLDR: Success from R for 4 pax on a booking when, based on experience/knowledge from here, I did not expect it to clear.

Long version: exSIN itinerary, JFK-xHKG-SIN, 2nd half Dec ‘23, no I class availability for JFK-HKG with PoS as SIN/HKG/USA- neither as a stand-alone segment, nor as married. Spotty D availability depending on the PoS and (un)married combination. Rebooked to JFK-oHKG-SIN because one of the kids wants to ‘see Hong Kong, and not just the airport’. Put in a request, just because..

Requested on Tuesday Pm, HKT, confirmation email received Sunday PM- significantly longer than past experiences, irrespective of success….and…we were booked in D!

Just checked the conditions, and they still note ‘rebooked into I’..but I saw this bit:
We are introducing more ways for you and your travel companions to enjoy your bookable upgrade. From now till 31 December 2023, present your bookable upgrade vouchers – available on our website or mobile app – during check-in at the airport to enjoy a one-class upgrade, subject to seat availability. This arrangement gives you more flexibility for when we’re unable to confirm your bookable upgrade ahead of time.

They must be hurting on forward bookings.

Last edited by jagmeets; Oct 1, 2023 at 10:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.