Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay's London operations for 2022/23 and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay's London operations for 2022/23 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Asia Miles
77W-only from 1st Feb

Originally Posted by US HK UK flyer
Just booked for March and every flight in my range seemed to be 777 (cries)...waiting on Aria is no good if you're flying economy.
That would be right unfortunately. Originally the A350 was timetabled on CX257/238 until late March, however, this has now changed, with CX expediting plans for London to be 777 only from 1st Feb, so last A350 service is tomorrow :/
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:09 pm

Programs: Cathay GO, Marriott GO
Aria Suite in Q2?

I will be flying to LHR in May/June... I hope Aria Suite will be available by then if all LHR flights will switch to 777...
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
It seems like LHR will be back to 5x daily.. So did they get their slots back from Emirates already?

Last edited by tfung; Feb 5, 2024 at 1:46 am
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:29 am

Cathay will formally bring back the fifth daily flights starting from the summer season. LHR frequency finally back to the pre-pandemic level and hopefully more are on the way such as MAN and LGW.

Very interestingly, the listed departure/arrival time implies CX will resume flying over the Russian airspace starting from the summer season if there is no further update.

(Notice only in Chinese)

Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Reply1984
Cathay will formally bring back the fifth daily flights starting from the summer season. LHR frequency finally back to the pre-pandemic level and hopefully more are on the way such as MAN and LGW.

Very interestingly, the listed departure/arrival time implies CX will resume flying over the Russian airspace starting from the summer season if there is no further update.

(Notice only in Chinese)

Great news! Glad to see LHR finally back to 5 daily Does that bulletin mention the aircraft type? I'm assuming all 77W? I also agree with you regarding a potential LGW resumption- there has been a lot of discussion on the LGW PPRUNE thread suggesting that Cathay will return to Gatwick from the end of October and that an official announcement will be made soon, fingers crossed!
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:19 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by JW95
Great news! Glad to see LHR finally back to 5 daily Does that bulletin mention the aircraft type? I'm assuming all 77W? I also agree with you regarding a potential LGW resumption- there has been a lot of discussion on the LGW PPRUNE thread suggesting that Cathay will return to Gatwick from the end of October and that an official announcement will be made soon, fingers crossed!
No mention of aircraft type yet. Currently all long haul flights (except those with F) are scheduled to be operated by an A359.

Anyone who's looking for some cheap flights at Easter should snap at these added flights now as they're going for (relatively) very cheap.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, CX Asia Miles, FlyingBlue, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by Reply1984
I have seen this before and wound up with the longer flight time that circumvents Russia. I think these are just defaults or something.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by US HK UK flyer
I have seen this before and wound up with the longer flight time that circumvents Russia. I think these are just defaults or something.
I agree. Given the current situation RE. the Russian airspace closure, I think it is very unlikely that Cathay will resume flying over Russia, so I reckon those times listed in the bulletin are the original ones, and will be subject to change.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Schedules from March for S24

With the end of March not being too far off now, does anyone know when CX is likely to finalise its S24 schedules and a/c allocation for London? Looking at the timetable as is at the moment, the times haven't yet been adjusted to reflect the longer flight routings, owing to the Russian airspace closure.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by JW95
With the end of March not being too far off now, does anyone know when CX is likely to finalise its S24 schedules and a/c allocation for London? Looking at the timetable as is at the moment, the times haven't yet been adjusted to reflect the longer flight routings, owing to the Russian airspace closure.
Soon I hope - that being said: a good rule of thumb for London flights is that the time on the LHR end doesn't change due to slot restrictions; therefore whatever the flight lands/takes off at LHR is the reference timing. ex-LHR add 12:30-12:45mins; ex-HKG add 14:40-14:45mins.

There is a protection plan in place for those who misconnect due to schedule changes. AC allocation not confirmed but I believe there's a mix of A350s/B77Ws.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:20 am

Programs: CX GO, CA GO
Currently, all LHR Operations are with 77W, but does anyone know are they all configured with F?

Also, is there a reliable source regarding new routes/resumptions? LGW and MAN has been great for me transitioning to Liverpool for PL Games, while BHX would be nice as well.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:00 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Yes -all configured with first - BHX will not ever be a CX route
Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by oldchinahand
Yes -all configured with first - BHX will not ever be a CX route
That is not true.

Currently only 251/252 and 253/254 are flown on the 77A that has first. The other rotations are generally on the 77K without first.

For summer 24 as a general rule only 251/252 seems to be loaded with F - though the summer schedule to LHR is really only a placeholder for now.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gwang0618
Currently, all LHR Operations are with 77W, but does anyone know are they all configured with F?

Also, is there a reliable source regarding new routes/resumptions? LGW and MAN has been great for me transitioning to Liverpool for PL Games, while BHX would be nice as well.
Not yet, no. As FlyEurope has said, only 2 of the 5 sectors are served with the 77A (First class product), being CX251/252 and CX253/254. All others continue to be served with the 77K (Economy, Premium Economy, Business class). As for what will happen once the W23 schedules come to an end at the end of March, this is still unclear and being finalised now. Currently, the official CX timetables show LHR as 1 daily 77W, with the rest being A359. Personally, I highly doubt this will be the case. CX have been very keen to revert their LHR operation to 77W only, and I suspect that this will be the case once the S24 schedules for LHR have been finalised, I don't think we will be seeing the A359/A351 back at Heathrow sadly

As far as LGW is concerned, Gatwick is being heavily rumoured to be returning to the network from the end of October this year. Someone on the LGW PPRUNE FlyerTalk thread has said that per colleagues who work within the airport, Cathay will be resuming LGW-HKG at 5 weekly, using the A359, and that an announcement regarding this is expected soon before June. As someone who used the LGW service several times when it was brought back in 2016, I sincerely hope that they will be back, as it was a nicer alternative to LHR, and having the A350 on the route was definitely an added bonus.

Last edited by JW95; Feb 19, 2024 at 6:03 am
Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, CX Asia Miles, FlyingBlue, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by oldchinahand
BHX will not ever be a CX route
Birmingham airport officials reported meeting with CX about this. Is everyone wasting their time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.