Program Refresh Coming Soon

Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Program Refresh Coming Soon

In the email released last Monday regarding the new lifestyle strategy of Cathay it mentions about a
Over the coming months, we will be rolling out a range of new offers – and these will culminate in a refreshed programme in the first half of 2022.
I wonder if Cathay will really do an SIA this time around and create something like PPS and Krisflyer for MPO and Asiamiles.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
In the email released last Monday regarding the new lifestyle strategy of Cathay it mentions about a

I wonder if Cathay will really do an SIA this time around and create something like PPS and Krisflyer for MPO and Asiamiles.
Maybe they'll give you double miles for the journey from the airport to the quarantine hotel.
FlyPointyEnd and royng like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: CX DM
About time. Status tied to spend makes the most sense to me.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by marcuslai
I kind of agree to it, though no sure the amount of spending required to obtain silver if not gold status. Cant even imagine obtaining diamond status through daily spending ...
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:26 am

FWIW, a little on this at https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...lub-asia-miles, more to come tomorrow...
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Maybe they'll give you double miles for the journey from the airport to the quarantine hotel.
If this was true I would be a OWE on Cathay 3x over by now lol.
royng, FlyPointyEnd and djsflynn like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:03 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by marcuslai
As a road warrior achieving GO mostly through flying economy, I have no confidence keeping my tier if the program switches to spend based
ernestnywang, feh and craig44485 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by royng
As a road warrior achieving GO mostly through flying economy, I have no confidence keeping my tier if the program switches to spend based
The switch from miles flown to club points was already halfway there; it was meant to stop people from achieving GO/DM flying economy.
Nicc HK likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by royng
Same here. This is also my fear, especially since tickets ex-Taiwan tend to be cheaper.

Originally Posted by CX HK
The switch from miles flown to club points was already halfway there; it was meant to stop people from achieving GO/DM flying economy.
I was still able to achieve GO in 2019. Between allowing members to earn club points in S/N/Q class and a general reduction on what you can earn by flying Y, it was net negative for me, but not by a lot.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:52 pm

Just sharing this, FWIW:

Asia Miles CEO Paul Smitton talks with Executive Traveller on how the new “Cathay” super-brand will take wing, and what this means for Asia Miles and the Marco Polo Club

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...will-take-wing
FlyPointyEnd likes this.

Last edited by djsflynn; Jul 9, 2021 at 12:53 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.